Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum because I had a problem with water getting into the footwell of my 'T' Reg Renault Megan Scenic RN 1600 with 2 Sun Roofs. I found several posts, some from people who had put their car in a Garage and been ripped off with no solution, others very desperate, similar to myself.
The front sun roof opens up at the rear edge with the front edge only raising slightly. You will then see 2 screws with Allen Key holes on each side. Remove the screws then you can push up the glass to about 70 degrees and prop it on a hammer handle. At the front corners of the screen gutter you will find a drain hole. Carefully pour some water down the drain holes. It should come out behind the front wheels. Check Both Sides. If not wind the hooks out of a curtain wire and push it down the drain holes. Persevere as the hole may re-block when you extract the wire, if it does push the wire hard and wind it round and round like a helix so that when you release the pressure it un-twizzles. This should do the trick as it did in my case. Good Luck. :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the form,Great tip this will help many memebers iam sure as this i quite common and in the winter it pops up in the forum most days cheers all the best Donald

1 - 3 of 3 Posts