Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help?
My wife's Renault Clio has a water leak. Rear drivers side footwell. First noticed after we returned from holiday after car had been parked on the drive for two weeks. There was heavy rain whilst we were away. Originally thought that the rear window had been down slightly which had allowed that water to get in. Made sure all the windows were closed, dried up the footwell etc only to find a couple of weeks later again following heavy rain to find same problem again. I've checked the front drain scuttles, both clear, all door and hatch seals and found nothing obvious. Even had the windscreen checked and it is watertight with no evidence of any leaks on the inner front bulkhead etc. During my checks I removed the plastic plugs at the bottom of the drivers side sill and water poured out! I have left them out at the moment as part of the dry out process. My latest theory could be the two little grommets on the rear hatch rails which cushion the hatch against the main bodywork. I have put some duck tape over them to see if this isolates the problem. The car has 1 year left on warranty so I have booked it into the main agent for checks on the 12-11-19.

I am out of ideas at the moment. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Leak sorted. Been into main agent under warranty. Turned out to be a faulty joint in the sill. Car stripped down and repaired. Hopefully OK now. Will keep my eye on it for next few days.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,091 Posts
Leak sorted. Been into main agent under warranty. Turned out to be a faulty joint in the sill. Car stripped down and repaired. Hopefully OK now. Will keep my eye on it for next few days.
Thanks for getting back and letting us know..glad to see its been fixed for you..(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts