Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a problem picking out the right water pump for my car.

A week ago I bought a Renault Laguna 1.5 110 horsepower diesel. The year of the car is 2010.

Now the problem is that searching online shops I get two options of water pumps, I attached the photos

Anyway, the online shops that have these in stock, all of their descriptions say that both of these water pumps fit my car.

Can someone please help me figure this one out?

Thanks, and sorry for the broken English, I'm not a native speaker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Post your exact Vin number (cover last few digits) and the oval plate contents - I can try and get a good part number from Dialogys for you if I have the correct and exact model number

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,174 Posts
Also, can you not tell from the layout of the mounting bolts on the existing one. They look completely different.

Reactions: LvR

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post your exact Vin number (cover last few digits) and the oval plate contents - I can try and get a good part number from Dialogys for you if I have the correct and exact model number
The VIN is VF1KT1R06433775** (didnt iclude last two digits)

I'm sorry but what is the oval plate?

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
KT1R as model doesn't translate/exist in my version of Dialogys .............

Oval plate is a sticker/plate on the B pillar when you open the door - it will contain a bunch of numbers detailing the vehicle's specific equipment etc

Perhaps give us your specific engine code too - looks like Dialogys is asking for that too ............ it will have the format K9kxxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KT1R as model doesn't translate/exist in my version of Dialogys .............

Oval plate is a sticker/plate on the B pillar when you open the door - it will contain a bunch of numbers detailing the vehicle's specific equipment etc

Perhaps give us your specific engine code too - looks like Dialogys is asking for that too ............ it will have the format K9kxxx
I'm attaching the photo with the sticker

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Still don't have your engine code but Dialogys says your model number according to your oval plate (KT0R) needs the water pump on the left of the 2 you posted before ............

I would anyway query your engine code's specific compatibility with that pump just to be sure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still don't have your engine code but Dialogys says your model number according to your oval plate (KT0R) needs the water pump on the left of the 2 you posted before ............

I would anyway query your engine code's specific compatibility with that pump just to be sure
I can't seem to find the engine code :(

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Its stamped on the engine block near oil filter - some countries even have it printed on the license disk too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its stamped on the engine block near oil filter - some countries even have it printed on the license disk too
I'm sorry I feel so stupid for not figuring this out, but I still can't find it. I'm new to renault this is confusing me.

I'm attaching a photiz where exactly is this engine code? Should i remove the cover of the engine to see it? It's really cramped up in there

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
I dont have one here personally so

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont have one here personally so

I found it, but It's all rusted over and I can't see anything on it, unless i take off the cover of the engine and some other parts, which I can't at the moment :( is there any other way to find the engine code?

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Your owner's registration papers from the licensing authorities will have it on there if you don't want to clean up the mess

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
272 Posts
Try putting your vin number to google search. Some websites were showing the engine details from vin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts