Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any experience of having a waxoyl treatment done to their car.? I've just brought a car and need to get this done. I'm in the West Sussex area but would travel to the right people,cheers.:)

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Otto, how are you?

No its not for the Lag, I've just brought a Citroen SM, I know I'm mad but Ive always had a soft spot for them. Its had the body work sorted but I just want to make extra sure the thing won't dissolve before my eyes!!

:) Big Regards:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
All is good Nobby and your self.

One of these Nobby, A huge car.

I'm not sure if any company's still do Waxoyl applications treatment now, But you can buy all the kit to do it yourself pumps etc.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Otto, how are you?

No its not for the Lag, I've just brought a Citroen SM, I know I'm mad but Ive always had a soft spot for them. Its had the body work sorted but I just want to make extra sure the thing won't dissolve before my eyes!!

:) Big Regards:)

Nobby, the SM .. a classic desolving before your eyes ... I'd guess submerging it in a quality 20/50 is the only thing to stop the rot ... honestly the very best of luck to you :d

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All's well down south thanks Otto.

Yep thats the beast. the one Ive brought is silver..lovely and the howl it makes is excellent. I've seen a few places on the net but they all seem to be up north.

I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow but I thought I'd pop a post up you never know!!

I'll post some pic's of it soon.

Regards

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
there is a small company here in Birmingham that uses a simular stuff on VW beetles they do up can make further enquiries if you wish
Tink2 john
ps if you do requir please put ans. on rss feed please

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
was there not a firm called zibart that did stuff like this years ago,not sure if its still going but i did see a bmw2002t in mint condition that was treated with this from new so it must work

if memory serves me right they drill small holes in panels and spray the soloution in and cap it off

i might be wrong so some one might correct me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts