Independent Renault Forums banner

461 - 480 of 505 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,514 Posts
getting this popping up all the time now

garage.jpg

thats great ( irritating as tuck) but great, now any danger of fixing the speed of the server or the fact that we still dont have the garage featue we have been asking for?

·
Administrator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Hello,

The notifications requires you to acknowledge them, clicking away will not properly store the session cookie. We sometimes use these session cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.
That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further. Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.

Please confirm you have appropriately dismissed the notification for me. If you are still receiving the alert after the fact it may be a setting I can look to affect.

-Gerrit

·
7,514 Posts
Hi Gerrit
I get the thing every time I log on because my system is setup to delete all temp internet files including all cookies on close down, hence there is no session cookie to remember my preferences on the subject, hence I have written a UBlock Origin script that prevents the dialog box from even firing, I dont want it, so it never appears, I am fine with that.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,345 Posts
Still dont understand why we would need it in the first place..
Thought this new forum was to stop clutter,
Smoother design
Losing members left right and centre and no one noticed in Canada

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Here are my preferred settings.
People can ask questions and get help. Yes
Previously answered questions are findable. Yes
Daft old cranky gits get to have a bit of banter. Yes
Tinfoil gets dangled to attract attention. No
I doubt if notifications can require anything so don't blame inanimate objects. It's persons unknown who are deciding to require things.

·
Administrator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback, we initially implemented these notifications for push and our release notes because some were requesting to have better information around when they received alerts, and to know when we made changes on the forum (and what those changes were)
It seems we may have to make work to develop adjustments on these. It is feedback like yours that helps us make the adjustments on the site to have it functioning as desired by as many as possible. :)

-Gerrit

·
39,345 Posts
No idea what you lot have done now
Enable push notification but wont go when I press not now

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,278 Posts
Gerrit
Could someone look at the speed on the site please.
There seems to be one 'ell of a lag between clicking anything and the system reacting.
Other forums and sites I visit regularly do not show this lag

·
39,345 Posts
Anyone else got this Enable Push stuck on the page.
Cannot get rid of it,

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
First noticed it yesterday. It seemed to persist forever on a page that had been open for a while. Had to get out and log back on.
Other times it went away in a heartbeat but overall it's getting claggy definitely.
If I were the push notification box , I would probably be getting depressed at this stage with so many people telling me to bog off all the time. Do you think it might have PTSD :)

·
39,345 Posts
sites tucked.
If I dont log in, stuck with LOG N WITH FACEBOOK box

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback, we initially implemented these notifications for push and our release notes because some were requesting to have better information around when they received alerts, and to know when we made changes on the forum (and what those changes were)
It seems we may have to make work to develop adjustments on these. It is feedback like yours that helps us make the adjustments on the site to have it functioning as desired by as many as possible. :)

-Gerrit
Hi Gerrit,
I'm seeing an occasional updates box as well as the constant push box. Is there overlap between these two? What else is in push? I have no wish to get a lot of junk mail and would like a no means no option on the push box. Don't ask me again is the usual form of courtesy. Do you have a Mrs. Doyle on staff by any chance ?

·
39,345 Posts
cookies always deleted, set in preferences for my browser, and have checked..

sorry state when they are having to rely on facebook to get members to join.

good job we have 500 guests each day assuming these are guests, and not bots, because hardly any members are on now

·
7,514 Posts
I have just got that log in with facesh1te dialog today, another new rule in my Ublock origin, its gets tucking big for this site with the cr4p we are being forced to akcnowledge or asent to !

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,278 Posts
Well.
I've had the push notification pop up twice today.... disappears if you ignore it.
Plus a new update pop up.
Plus bl00dy slow getting any links to react
Plus a gateway error.

Fun innit?

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Is anyone getting the WSOD , white screen of death when opening some threads and the ooops error when they try to post something?

461 - 480 of 505 Posts