Independent Renault Forums banner

481 - 500 of 505 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Not seeing any of this. Latest Firefox on Win 10. I usually keep cookies only for sites I visit regular, so includes this one. Others are removed frequently. This is by CCleaner normally.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Is anyone getting the WSOD , white screen of death when opening some threads and the ooops error when they try to post something?
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. Got it when I left here and went to What made you smile today. Blank white rectangle. Page Reload brought it up.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
WSOD, frequently, I have to refresh, sometimes several times to get the thread to show.

·
Administrator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Gerrit
Could someone look at the speed on the site please.
There seems to be one 'ell of a lag between clicking anything and the system reacting.
Other forums and sites I visit regularly do not show this lag
This was my first priority. Worked to get a fix out on friday. That was part 2 of an ongoing saga towards better site speed an performance. Noticing any improvement?

Anyone else got this Enable Push stuck on the page.
Cannot get rid of it,
This is next up, expect a resolution here before end of week.

Hi Gerrit,
I'm seeing an occasional updates box as well as the constant push box. Is there overlap between these two? What else is in push? I have no wish to get a lot of junk mail and would like a no means no option on the push box. Don't ask me again is the usual form of courtesy. Do you have a Mrs. Doyle on staff by any chance ?
The box in the lower right pops up whenever we update, or if we have a specific important announcement. The memory on these boxes is better than the push notifications, and once properly dismissed they'll go away... we just update a lot. So our efforts to keep updated may tend to blur together.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,278 Posts
This was my first priority. Worked to get a fix out on friday. That was part 2 of an ongoing saga towards better site speed an performance. Noticing any improvement?
Nothng dramatic that I can see.
Possibly a bit better but it could vary anyway.

Survey Feedback pop up?
Really?

·
23,278 Posts
Okay
Not going to say that the lag is fixed but not had a significant lag this morning

BTW...we have reports that your survey doesn't work... won't move to page 2.

·
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
2,325 Posts
Only started this morning .... when I hit the "Mark all read" tab on the "New" page, nothing happens, it doesn't go to the next page.... but when you get fed up of waiting and just close the site down, when next you visit, it has cleared the pages and starts with the new "New" posts....

·
Administrator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #496
What are the chances of getting the push boxes properly dismissed?
This was part of the roll out we implemented on Wednesday.

Okay
Not going to say that the lag is fixed but not had a significant lag this morning

BTW...we have reports that your survey doesn't work... won't move to page 2.
Lag on Wednesday may be due to aforementioned update, are you noticing any improvement?
Page 2 glitch is not something I was aware of, is it still an issue?

Lifted this from another thread, thought it needed Admin attention/explanation ?
The editing function has encountered a few bumps in it's registering of unlimited vs limited editing. All of this is to say, we are aware of the issue, and are working on resolving things. Can you link me to the reporting thread so I can check in on them when we develop and roll out a resolutino?

-Gerrit

·
23,278 Posts
The editing function has encountered a few bumps in it's registering of unlimited vs limited editing. All of this is to say, we are aware of the issue, and are working on resolving things. Can you link me to the reporting thread so I can check in on them when we develop and roll out a resolutino?
Think it was in the grumpy thread but was KingWhiskers who reported it. Not something I've seen directly but as a mod I have different editing privileges.... should be easy enough for your developers to check and confirm or fix. Used to be that members could edit their posts for about 20 minutes but under new system there seemed no limit.
Has one now been applied?

Lag on Wednesday may be due to aforementioned update, are you noticing any improvement?
No severe lags for me but a couple of fails to load...going to white screen or seeing the cloudfair message page

Page 2 glitch is not something I was aware of, is it still an issue?
Not a scooby, didn't do the survey.

·
23,278 Posts
Push Notification pop up three times today??
Goes away on its own but why pop up in the first place.... I've told it to bu55er orfe once and have all notification disabled in preferences?

481 - 500 of 505 Posts