Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Sounds like a plan. The best tip I can think of is don't worry about having the best gear money can buy. I did photography at college and we were issued with heavy old Russian Zeniths (the camera Lada) Mine did not even have a lightmeter. What is more important is the eye behind the lens. See the image then try to photograph it. I learned before digital so I always like to take the photo pretty much as I wan't the print too look, too much time doing transparencies i guess.
Also learn the rules of composition and then when you break them you know why.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Have any of you found this site and put photos on there, you will get a wide audience and get your name on Google.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/

Good photos from all over the UK including around 30 of mine, I found places to visit within a few miles of where I live and never knew they were there, put your town in the search box. The more photos you put on the more points you get, I am ranked 238th, a bit like our Rep points system.

PS, I used to have a Russian Zenith SLR, as you said Chris a bit of a Lada but still good.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I've got a Zenit-B I used to use quitte a bit. Not having any kind of metering I had to carry a seperate meter all the time which was getting to be a pain in the ass, so I did end up using my Yashica a lot more when shooting 35mm, forsaking my lovely M42 lenses :d

That said, none of my analogue gear gets used much any more...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 2 Canon EOS Systems with lenses up to 400mm but I just don't use them any more as I find Digital much more convenient:)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
If it's EOS kit you've got, the lenses must be EF-mount jobbies - why not just buy yourself a cheap canon dSLR and continue using them.

Or better, sell them to me. :d

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it's EOS kit you've got, the lenses must be EF-mount jobbies - why not just buy yourself a cheap canon dSLR and continue using them.

Or better, sell them to me. :d
If you are interested then let me know and i will PM you details of what there is.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I only joined the Renault forum today. I saw you have a photography forum, which i am very interested in.

I have been around photography, for the past 35 years, as an amateur, semi pro and professional, now back to amateur.

My main photography now, is my Grandchildren.

I currently use a Canon 7D plus Tamron 18-270mm lens, i also have a Canon G10.

Hope i will be able to join your club at some point, as i am unable to access it at the moment.

Woody

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been around photography, for the past 35 years, as an amateur, semi pro and professional, now back to amateur.
No chance of wining the monthly comp now:rolleyes::rofl:

Welcome to the forum WOODYD:d

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Greenside, Thank for the welcome. You have nothing at all to worry about, i am strictly amateur now days, to old now, for all the tearing about :)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect my images here in the photography club. Not much has changed since my last images, I work as a freelance stock image photographer for a worldwide company that supplies art to high street stores, garden centres etc. I also work as a semi professional portrait and wedding photographer as well as teach photography to 15 children as an after school club in my place of work - a primary school.

Anyway, I'll be putting more images up ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts