Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well its ******* down up here washing all that road salt away:) i was hoping to get out in the garden this week and do a bit of weeding and put some new bark down in the borders and a bit of pruning and grass cut and some feed down for the spring coming in. Most of the Daffodils and Tulips are well up its not been that bad of a winter up here in the East coast of Scotland but it has been quite long stuck in the house cant wait to get out there and also get the caravan cleaned and ready for the season starting in April so i can slow all you drivers down :d Well do we have any more Alan Titchmarsh's out there or do some of you just prefer to put down a few ton of concrete flowers:d

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
It's pretty wet & soggy in Cornwall as well.
We have a pretty large garden with a stream running next to it!
Problem is there are loads of trees, that "suck" up the water in the summer, causing the lawn to dry out, they shed leaves everywhere in the autumn and loads of branches and twigs break off in the wind in the winter.

It gives the garden a feel of being out in the country, but is actually in a built up area. So its has its advantages.

I don't mind hard landscaping, building decks,patios etc and cutting the lawn but I can't be doing with weeding etc.
I like a nice garden and lawn - ours is pretty low maintenance apart from the trees and lawn.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's pretty wet & soggy in Cornwall as well.
We have a pretty large garden with a stream running next to it!
Problem is there are loads of trees, that "suck" up the water in the summer, causing the lawn to dry out, they shed leaves everywhere in the autumn and loads of branches and twigs break off in the wind in the winter.

It gives the garden a feel of being out in the country, but is actually in a built up area. So its has its advantages.

I don't mind hard landscaping, building decks,patios etc and cutting the lawn but I can't be doing with weeding etc.
I like a nice garden and lawn - ours is pretty low maintenance apart from the trees and lawn.
Sounds very nice i was saying to lag that i was wanting to get down to Devon and Cornwall with the van this year we will have to see whats what first but its a lovely part of the country.Me and the wife one teenager:crazy: and one 12 year old in ower house right beside the River Forth and forth Bridges you could say its rural but a bit built up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Gardening is geat but cutting grass pisses me of so I did this to my garden last year

Taken early september

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice garden indeed i like the pond so would my cats they go to the neighbours and put there paws in the water but that about it. I cant wait till the spring is here so can get out side in the garden BBQ and have a few beers:) Here is some pics of the garden the first year we moved in it took most of the spring and summer to get i like this theres a much bigger change now will post some pics this summer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Here's one of a bit of our back garden by the conservatory.
If you look closely you can see the ducks sunbathing in the border - they just pop over the hedge from the stream. Just don't look too closely or you will see how uneven my slab cutting is!

Our back garden is in 3 sections , this one, another bit that goes behind the full width of the house and garage and then another bit that also goes up alongside the garage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's one of a bit of our back garden by the conservatory.
If you look closely you can see the ducks sunbathing in the border - they just pop over the hedge from the stream. Just don't look too closely or you will see how uneven my slab cutting is!

Our back garden is in 3 sections , this one, another bit that goes behind the full width of the house and garage and then another bit that also goes up alongside the garage.
quack quack sunday dinner:) very nice grass well looked after super:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes indeed its pissin it down in Glasgow where i hail. Picking my car up at 4pm for water ingress, lol no chance of the mechanics saying it was done if it wasnt lol

oh very nice gardens, mind doing my clump or grass at the side of my house? lol jk

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes indeed its pissin it down in Glasgow where i hail. Picking my car up at 4pm for water ingress, lol no chance of the mechanics saying it was done if it wasnt lol

oh very nice gardens, mind doing my clump or grass at the side of my house? lol jk
Sorry my gardens are enough for me:d:rofl: Good luck with the car let us know how you get on. Heres finger XXXXXX for you.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Likewise darn sarf. At least my sunroof repair appears to have worked
Thats good there is nothing worse than water getting in i had a Datsun Stanza every time you drove it in the wet the floor was soaking:crazy: when it went for its mot its last one my seat near came throw the floor pan:rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:)

But he weather tis winter has been very good for up here in the North ...
How far north are you otto, yes you are right i think its been very mild this winter. TOUCH WOOD it stays like that know till spring pulls in:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
How far north are you otto, yes you are right i think its been very mild this winter. TOUCH WOOD it stays like that know till spring pulls in:)

At the moment I live in Moray Donald but have lived mostly in the Inverness or Black Isle areas. I'm sure your familiar with the area on your travels up and down the A9.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
It's just as good for ducks here in sunny ol' Hastings aswell.....as long as they've got the optional extra for foglights also!!

Pee'd me off really as I have an oil leak and wanted to get under the car today but I fear I would have drowned in a puddle if I had of done, plus I threw out my only piece of old carpet just last week!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the moment I live in Moray Donald but have lived mostly in the Inverness or Black Isle areas. I'm sure your familiar with the area on your travels up and down the A9.

Regards

Ottoman
Oh yes many times i was also stationed up in fort George for a few years when i was in the 1st Bn Blach Watch (RHR) and terrorized Inverness thats when i was a teen:d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeez a miserable place Fort George eh Donald, Nice Buildings but it must have been miserable staying there ..
Great looking place but a pure wind tunnel but i have to say we were away alot on exercise but i did enjoy it and i was single then:d :d :d

1 - 20 of 111 Posts