Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are members occupations or experiance from past or present jobs and qualifications?:)

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
well at the moment i am a Delivery Driver for sainsbury's home shopping department and its an easy job to do, the qualifications need were to be over 21 and have a drivers license for over 2 years (now gone upto 23 and 4 years)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
I started off working for Texas Homecare which was then bought out by Sainsbury's Homebase who subsequently made us all redundant just before Christmas one year.:steam: Incidentaly, I was the only employee with enough balls to demand that I received my redundancy pay, all £1800 of it, and final salary in cash on the last day. I did this because Sainsbury's were going to pay the redundancy and salary at the end of the month meaning they'd have my money earning interest for a couple of weeks, not a cat in hell's chance.:moonie:

I was then on the dole for a year which was the worst year of my life so far:yawn: , apart from the first two or three weeks wereby I spent all my redundancy pay propping up my local bar.[smilie=7,32,37]

After that I worked for the dreaded CSA for about 6/7 years and worked my way up to an temporary promoted executive officer checking other people's work. They then wanted to put me back onto case work so I told 'em to stuff it and left becoming a postman which I am currently. Downside to this was that I took a pretty hefty loss in income due to only being able to get a part-time position as a postie. However, start at 05:00 and finish regularly at about 09:30 and still get paid to 11:00 - can't be bad eh!;)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i started off cutting grass for pocket money, then worked on a farm. trained as a yts mechanic did the city & guilds then management imi. Then a small fleet mechanic, then a couple of years as a brewery lubrication engineer.
Then a service engineer on quarry machinery - crushers and screeners which took me all over - Berlin, America, porto Rico, ireland. Now working in an office as a business development manager selling wire thread inserts (helicoils) for the last 7 years. next............. ;) :)

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
Started off in Asda on the Deli then moved to Waitrose as a Dry Goods Partner now at Sainsbury's as a Home Delivery Agent

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deano do you ever get any indecent proposals, like milk men used to?:d

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
well ive had someone ask me to tie their daughter up in the back of the van, but i do get to see some stunners and some sights

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
well ive had someone ask me to tie their daughter up in the back of the van, but i do get to see some stunners and some sights
You 'aint the only one Deano. Waking up pretty girls to deliver their post can be quite interesting especially as they are normally half asleep and forget to cover up:d . What a perv, ;)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
When the title asked about 'experience', I didn't realise it meant this kind of experience.

I'm just waiting for Lag to chip in about Ladyboys now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Boringly RAF Air Traffic, then Building Society Management trainee, managing to become Branch Manager of one of the larger branches.

Left after 12 years to become an IFA, two of us started our own company in the late 80's, and still going strong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
27 years in the motor trade ( I must have been very bad in a previous life ) now working for myself and wishing I had done it 20 years ago.

LB

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
My first job many years ago was as a Skiver....Rep points for anyone with a serious (and accurate)idea what that job entailed.

Later became a Factory Production manager then a lorry driver.

Now I'm a Health,safety & Environmental adviser for a Large transport company (and still drive at times too)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts