So when you were born what car where you brought home in?,

Well i was brought home in this beauty:d

Ford Anglia

Iam sure there are going to be some belters:devil: come on get them up:d

Cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Bugger,Hondo is one step ahead of me,I was just about to post that up about him.:rofl:

I'm not sure about the car I was brought home in,but our first child travelled home in an M-reg Renault 19RND.

Poor sod.....:rofl:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FFS, are you kidding :d

lmfao,i was thinking that there were members on here that came home in a cart:devil: oh...you did pop to the front of my mind:d

Bugger,Hondo is one step ahead of me,I was just about to post that up about him.:rofl:

I'm not sure about the car I was brought home in,but our first child travelled home in an M-reg Renault 19RND.

Poor sod.....:rofl:
Saying nothing:devil:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
dont know what i were taken home in, probably an old cortina of some description, but the first car i remember was a Red Peugeot 504

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
1968 Hillman Minx 1500DL saloon.

Yup, with a start like that, it could only get better (excepting the Vel Satis, of course)...

Paul:d

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was a green MkII Astra Estate, I'll have to ask...

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
I cant remember what car I was bought home in after I was born, I dont think we had one at the time.

But I can remember the car that I was bought home in from the hospital after being run over when i was 4. It was a beige Morris Marina :eek:, luckily it wasnt our car but a neighbours. ;)

It probably the first car I remember too. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Bugger me with a fork. This is gonna be a tricky one to find out. I know it would've been my Grandfather who brought me home as I lived with my grandparents for the first 4 years of my life, but sadly I can't ask him as he would no way remember now. My Nan is usless with cars so I'll probably get told the colour and that's it :rofl:

One of the first cars I remember him having though was the Talbot Alpine. Piece of sh!t rusted and fell apart! Engine was good though.:d His was in white with the same tan interior.

Shortly followed by the SD1,, exactly the same as the pic. Loved that car, remember him driving down a road and overtaking 4 cars in one go! That was fast! I used to sit it in on the drive and pretend to drive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure what I was brought home in but my eldest was brought home in a Subaru 1800GLF identical to this;

Original go anywhere Subaru, would easily go any place a Landrover would as long as you remembered it didn't have the ground clearance under the axles. My wife even discovered it would go over a 6 foot hedge at 60mph and roll end over end 3 times before landing upside down. This was with the eldest in the car (6 weeks old at the time) who slept through the whole crash. The only panel not bent was the drivers door and she had opened it onto a lamppost the day before!

My youngest had her first trip in a Mk1 Seat Ibiza diesel;

Basically a Fiat Strada with Mk1 Golf wings and doors fitted and, since ours was the post facelift version, it had VW Polo switches and interior.

P

·
0 Posts
I would have be brought home in a Hillman Minx

(I found a black and white photo just for you Lag :rolleyes:)

Both of my kids came home in a 3 series beemer (E30)

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Im suprised cars were invented back when you were born pat :d :sofa:

My eldest came home in a Renault Laguna Phase 2 that I had at the time (loyallty to the forum eh :d), the youngest came home in a Fiat Punto mk1 :eek:. (would have been my Laguna II if I'd not drove into the back of someone a week before his birth ! :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Wow,a Minx eh?.And as for bringing your own kids home in a beemer,you should hang your head in shame.:rofl:

I'll have to ask mater and pater what I was brought home in,I suspect it was something exotic and expensive.......mmmm.......:rofl:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Long before cars were common-place me mam pushed me home through the wind and rain (a 3 mile walk) in a second hand "Silver Cross Balmoral Pram" - the Rolls Royce of prams and probably still is. It had a full suspension system and a soft top.
It was used for another 4 kids in the family before being donated to another family. Aye lad things were meant to last in those days.:)

See attached picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts