Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I drive a renaualt megane rt s reg any ideas why it is overfuelling,thanks
Could be a number of reasons without being a bit more specific with the symptoms being suffered

faulty injectors
dirty air filter
faulty O2 sensor
blowing exhaust
faulty temperature sender
binding brakes

I'm sure some else can think of some more

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks it has a new o2 sensor brakes are fine ,new air filter exhaust is sooty drives fine for ages then cuts out at junctions but restarts first time has been on diagnostics and nothing shows up how can i check injectors and temperature sender have tried without maf sensor and it was not much better

S

·
0 Posts
to check injectors they would have to checked on a proper calibrated machine.

If the temp sender to the ECU is reading under then it could be over fuelling as it thinks the engine is still cold so it's like driving around with the choke still on.

What MPG are you getting?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have checked all pipes and cant find any leaks it only uses this much fuel occasionally have had enough hoping to get new car next month but it won,t be a f****** renault thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
First check the engine is running on all 4 cylinders - a quick check of the spark plug colour may reval which may be at fault.

Secondly check the engine coolant temp sensor and its electrical connections. This sensor has the biggest influence on mixture control and is quite a common cause of misfueling and not just on Renault engines.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts