Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy question what would go well?

Car is a cosmic grey laguna on 17" alloys

Theyre bare metal at the moment, dunno weather to just go silver, or go for a bit of contrast, anyone painted theirs with a similar body colour?

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
blue is a good colour,but dont spend £20 on caliper paint,buy a small pot of plasticoat enamel paint from wilkinsons.about £2.50 a pot and looks better and will prob last longer

regards
nigel

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
blue is a good colour,but dont spend £20 on caliper paint,buy a small pot of plasticoat enamel paint from wilkinsons.about £2.50 a pot and looks better and will prob last longer

regards
nigel
Yep I would agee here ...Plasticote will do a great job...

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Question .... is Plasticote very high temp paint ? as I would have thought it would burn off or at best peel and crack because of the temp that modern brakes run at?

Just a thought :eek: .... Oh and colour .... Yellow!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
No Plasticote can be used at quite high temps. Tho I am not that keen on painted calipers.

Regards

Ottoman

To be honest neither am I unless they are poking through the 5 spoke wheels on my Lamborghini and say BREMBO :d

O

·
0 Posts
Easy question what would go well?

Car is a cosmic grey laguna on 17" alloys

Theyre bare metal at the moment, dunno weather to just go silver, or go for a bit of contrast, anyone painted theirs with a similar body colour?
Stick up a picture of the car Andy.

I've got black calipers - car is silver with silver alloys, looks good not in your face.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Question .... is Plasticote very high temp paint ? as I would have thought it would burn off or at best peel and crack because of the temp that modern brakes run at?

Just a thought :eek: .... Oh and colour .... Yellow!
many many years ago i used it on my mondeo,calipers and rocker cover.never cracked,burned or peeled.although i used the paint and not the spray.i would imagine the proper caliper paint is just the same stuff with a different label and a more expensive price tag

nigel

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
the forum went bonkers on me and didnt post the first time,by the time i had posted the second time the first post was their:crazy: :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an old thread, however if anyone else needs information, Plasti kote is resistant to up to 150 degrees centigrade.I used halfords very high temp spray in red. Temp resistant to 500 degress. looks alrite and does the job six months on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts