Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested in what people are using out there. I've now got two cameras in my arsenal:

Casio Exilim Z4
Canon 350D

The Exilim is a great camera for slipping in your pocket but I got the Canon at Christmas so I can get better zoom shots for wildlife etc. etc. I must confess I ain't got a clue how to use it properly yet! :)

What's your kit then?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i use a Zennox 3660 4XDigital Zoom 3.1 Mega Pixels with Camcorder and MP3 its away above my head but hay it take my photos.

FUJI 35mm 90s Zoom Date.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, I have a Fujifilm FinePix E500 digital camera and an old Canon 35mm with various lenses which I still use on occasions.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Canon Ixus 500, just handy to have in your pocket

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Nothing amazing here just a HP R707 5mp and also the camera on my Sony ericsson K800i 3.2mp but this seems to take better picys than my HP

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I've got a 8 megapixel Jenoptik JD 8.0z3 Easy Shot.

We've turned the mega whatsits down though because the file sizes for each image were huge when it was set to 8mp's,so it's down to 6mp's at the mo.

Do the amount of mega thingys really make that much difference?.I can't download any of my pics onto the plog doofer as the file size is still too big......:crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
i use a praktica-luxmedia-6mil pixels,by the time i get use to it ,and the built in box of tricks,it will be obsolete,and time for the next generation of camera's,

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts

We've turned the mega whatsits down though because the file sizes for each image were huge when it was set to 8mp's,so it's down to 6mp's at the mo.

Do the amount of mega thingys really make that much difference?.I can't download any of my pics onto the plog doofer as the file size is still too big......:crazy:
Makes a big difference when you try to enlarge the prints. I use the full setting then when I download onto the pc, if there is a shot I want for web use I use photo shop, save for web. It then saves a copy of the image using image ready and cuts down the DPI to reduce the file size. Something like 72dpi will give a 4-5k image size from a 5mbs image.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

laggy you can download image resizer.there are quite a few of them.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Makes a big difference when you try to enlarge the prints. I use the full setting then when I download onto the pc, if there is a shot I want for web use I use photo shop, save for web. It then saves a copy of the image using image ready and cuts down the DPI to reduce the file size. Something like 72dpi will give a 4-5k image size from a 5mbs image.

Thanks for that Chris.:)

I will investigate our photo editing program and try and reduce the files size for web use.I used to have XP pro which had a photo editing thing built in,but have now only got XP Home and the feature isn't on here.......

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
See if you have a setting for image size on your software, also make sure you save a copy not the original then if you want a good quality print you have the original for that. Saving as a jpeg allows you to reduce the image size as well and most monitors will only display at about 72dpi so if you dont drop below that there won't be much degradation.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
We have a Pentax optio wpi - 5mega pixel waterproof to 5ft for several minutes. Great,very compact and takes reasonable video as well. Comes into its own on the beach, by the pool etc.

Canon - EOS300D - best for "action" shots as no shutter lag and it's an SLR so you get what you see through the lens. It's a bit poorly at the moment though as it got swamped by a massive wave during earl winter storms - it still works but flash is iffy & auto focus not always spot on. We had a Canaon eos 35mm camera before so lenses are from that, we only bought the 300d as a body.

We also have a Fuji 9500 - decent optical zoom so more convenient than the Canon where we have to keep changing lenses.
It's pretty good but action shots aren't as easy to capture, due to electronic viewfinder and shutter lag. With hindsight wished we'd gone for the 300d or waited for the 400d.

Looking to get a dvd camcorder - probably a Panasonic one. We can put the disc straight into the player then or save to hard drive etc. We thought about hdd camcorder but would have to save to disc etc first.

Now that daughter no 1 is into athletics ( see my "proud Dad" post the other day) we want to start filming her races.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Ive got an Olympus OM2, got it 23yrs ago and still a cracking camera, and a couple of christmas's ago I got a Minolta Dynax 5D its a cracker as well and still lives on albeit uprated now as a SONY Alpha 100 after Minolta sold their Digital SLR business to SONY.

Only problem .... the photographer ... still plenty of time to get better :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have a Fuji S3000, 4 years now and very pleased with it, Looking to upgrade shortly, Something with less shutter lag and continous shoot mode.

Megapixels are not the be all, lens quality is a big factor.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Otto, have a good try out before buying, the Olympus E series are excellent DSLR's and if your Fuji uses the xd card it will fit the olympus as well.

Yep will do I have quite a lot off cameras, from box Brownies to quite a few SLRs, never got rid of them as always felt the joy and pleasure I have had from pics is still within the camera and to discard the camera is discarding the memories, I like the xD cards tho SD cards are so cheap now.

Just not sure which camera to get looked at lots, I liked Minolta SLRs at one time they had very good lenses, A lot of new stuff on the market just now, I tend to take my time in any purchase and investigate/research things well. Kind off canny with my money, and bargain hard.

Thanks for your advice tho Chris :)

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 20 of 86 Posts