Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would the installation of a centre console armrest invalidate the insurance? there's an article in BBC this morning about a driver who placed some stickers on the hood and sides of her car. Insurer said that it's a modification and wont pay off. Any ideas folks? TIA

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Re: What is a Mod / Not ??

Hi ogie I've never heard of anything so ridiculous.

TBH rather rather than risk the wroth of your insurance I'd notify them, just in case. Also I'd want their confirmation in writing.

Typical of insurance. :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Re: What is a Mod or Not ??

It also depends on what the stickers are?

I have seen private cars with stickers advertising business which would raise anyones suspicions.
Advertising as people using their car for business purposes.

I think they tend to judge the likely driving style of the driver by mods they make. For instance fancy tailpipes, spoilers, etc may be viewed as boy racers. Stickers advertising a local rave or night club may also raise suspicions.

Theoretically under insurance law each party to the contract must declare any material fact that changes the terms of the original contract.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts

Was that the lady vicar who had "I luv Jesus" and/or similar written on her car in 2 or 3 places? Only the sump was stolen from the car in the night while parked outside her house (I think) ~ bizarre in itself...

EDIT: I think the insurer's issue with these slogans might be that they "might attract unwanted attention" ~ or indeed might be construed as advertising, since her job is a vicar.

this was an item on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show couple of days ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Was that the lady vicar who had "I luv Jesus" and/or similar written on her car in 2 or 3 places? Only the sump was stolen from the car in the night while parked outside her house (I think) ~ bizarre in itself...

EDIT: I think the insurer's issue with these slogans might be that they "might attract unwanted attention" ~ or indeed might be construed as advertising, since her job is a vicar.

this was an item on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show couple of days ago.
yes, she is claiming for a part that has been stolen from the car. i think she was given few days to answer why she did not declare about the stickers. and an extra cigarette lighter on the boot. i agree, typical for insurer. they will try everything to get away with claims.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
i has one insurance company who when i went to insure my wifes Getz said that the locking wheelnuts were a modification and they were going to charge me extra on the premium....crazy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed an aftermarket armrest in my Clio and notified my insurer as it is classed as an interior modification - but what I did was install it before the start of a new policy and added it before the new quote - insurers love to charge you £25 to update your policy mid-term :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts