Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Can anyone enlighten me on what is the anti-corrosion warranty on a Laguna 2 03 plate. As I washed my car yesterday and spotted what looked like rust blistering from behind, as it had bubbled up a bit near the top of the bottom side skirt seal.

Is there any chance Renault UK will sort this out under the warranty?

Regards

Inazone.:confused:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
It may be either 6 years or 12 years - in any case, age is not an issue.

It all depends on whether the corrosion originated from inside the panel (perforation) or from an external factor (i.e. stonechip).

I would advise getting it inspected at the earliest opportunity to find out either way - no point in letting it get worse.

Hope that helps (even just a wee bit)

Paul:)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Have you owned the car from new?

If not, do you know the complete history of the car?

If not you may be on a loser.

I had a small rust problem with my prior Lag 1 Hardly noticeable really, but within 5 minutes of taking the car back to Renault they categorically stated that the small rust affected area had been involved in some impact damage and also resprayed, this alleged damage hadn't occurred during the time I owned the car, therefore if it did happen it must have happened before the car was 10 months old.
I was asked to identify the garage where the repair work had been carried out, and also prove they had carried out the work to Renaults own specific procedure's :crazy:

Needlessly to say I found it less difficult to carry out the repair work myself.

BTW I think the anti perforation warranty is good for 7 years. But I would guess this is only valid if the car has always been serviced by Renault thus giving them the chance to notify you of problems.

In conclusion I don't think the anti peroration warranty is worth very much really.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Anti-perforation warranty -the terms of these warranties can be open to interpretation - sometimes it depends on whatever garage you go to. Judging what is perforaton is somewhat subjective to say the least - in dictionary terms perforation is a hole. Most manufacturers insist on having the opporunity to inspect the vehicle at least once a year. I agree with their comments regarding repair as most repairs will affect any anti-corrosion protection that has been applied. In the same terms you wouldn't expect them to give a warranty on mechanical repairs if they weren't carried out to a recognised standard. Having said that modern cars don't suffer the same problems as happened in the past. If a repair blisters up should it not be the responsibilty of the repairer and not the manufacturer.:confused:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
on my 98 RXE laguna it was 8 years, but unless it had full renault service history including bodywork inspections renault wouldn't warranty it?? check with your local dealer, worst case scenario rusty arches is easy to nip in the bud with some rust treatment at the early stages
good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts