Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me what this mechanism is called? It's the two arms that operate the front window wipers. The rubber in mine has shot it and now I've been told that instead of just buying a new rubber I will need to buy the whole mechanism....but I don't know what it's called. :crazy:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, the window regulator is usually the mechanism to wind the window on a door up and down, electric or manual.

The wiper mechanism is usually called the wiper linkage, which is connects the wiper motor to the wiper arms which carry the wiper blades

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Is the rubber part your talking about the part that goes onto the windscreen?.If so,there is no need to replace the wiper arm or linkage,you just need a new blade.

Don't bother with rubber re-fills either,they're next to useless.:rolleyes:

·
2,311 Posts
Good point lagdti, I actually answered a thread that seems to have been deleted, ... it was suggesting the mechanism was called a window regulator .... wish people wouldnt delete threads .... makes going back over it a bit difficult.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, but if you had deleted the first line of your original reply, after I had deleted mine, it would have tidied up nicely and made perfect sense.

Which you could still do, and I'll delete this one.

Or am I oversimplifying things? Apologies - I'm still learning.

·
2,311 Posts
Wasnt getting at you johnydeath :) , just saying since I'd replied your post had been deleted, messing up the continunity of the thread, best to leave the threads in place and post another clarifying the position ...

Nice to have you onboard :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts