Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just discovered the engine is really loose and knowing nothing about cars have joined the forums to ask for advice. Sorry but the pic is upside down.

Kind Regards,

Darren.

D

·
0 Posts
Without seeing your pic, im going to hazzard a guess at the lower gearbox stabilizer / dogbone mount.

Do i win a prize?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry the pic didnt upload, its a 1.6 renault megane coupe dynamique 2001 Y reg.

Any idea where i can get the part from?

The pic is upside down as i had a hard time taking the pic.

Thank you,

Darren.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
:eek:

I've never seen one break like that before,usually the bushes just wear out on them.

New ones are available from Renault,a good second hand one could be difficult to find and I'm not sure if they are available aftermarket.

D

·
0 Posts
Jeez, top work there!
Is the sump still attached........ looks like the engine had taken a clout or the clutch has been dropped at the traffic lights a bit hard! :d

I would think GSF would do them, but you'll have to call your local branch, or the Heathrow branch (mail order) to check.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jeez, top work there!
Is the sump still attached........ looks like the engine had taken a clout or the clutch has been dropped at the traffic lights a bit hard! :d

I would think GSF would do them, but you'll have to call your local branch, or the Heathrow branch (mail order) to check.
Yeah gsf deff have them bought one a month ago
ive got one here ready to fit in future (bushes on old getting worn)

their cheap as well think it was £15 if i remember correct

D

·
0 Posts
This would be a 1 spanner rating in the Haynes manual.
Find someone local you know who has a spanner, and give him a 4 pack of stella to change it.
Literally undo the 2 bolts, remove old one, and bolt new one on. 15 minutes tops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts