Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had major repairs done on my Grand Scenic (y 2012, k9k 636 engine) after pretty bad collision.
After repairs were done, I found one black, hard plastic hose about 6-7 mm in outer diameter long bout 70 cm, lodged between all other hoses between engine and radiator. It was not connected on either end. See pictures. I did not know where it belongs. In the meantime I found one other Grand Scenic and found that hose just under oil dipstick hose.

1 Where is other end supposed to be connected?
2 What is that hose for?

I searched long time, but I found nothing..

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,941 Posts
Breather pipe , goes on the top of the gearbox, just back from the bell housing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One end goes behind dipstick rubber hose, not on gearbox, I know that because that other Scenic had it that way and I plugged it in in the same place. See "other Grand Scenic with connected hose1" pic.

My question was where is other end supposed to be. Maybe not connected at all? Where should I put this "loose" end?

·
41,941 Posts
Take a picture showing the full pipe, without the object in the centre

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't photo pipe because it is now under my hood (I had a lot of swetting while plugging it in).
It is made of very rigid black plastic, some 70-80 cm long, constant diameter with only one "connector" one side (now engaged with engine).
HUTCHINSON 34-04-892.
I googled it but had not found is where it is supposed to be connected at the other end (in k9k 636 engine).
That is my question.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
from looking at the pictures you have provided i would say looking at the other end with out the connection, it would not appear deformed in any way or discoloured so would say initially it looks like it is probably just a drainage or an over flow, if the vehicle is running fine as it is and your not getting any fluids sprayed even as a fine mist around your engine bay, then leave it connected where you have already connected it and try to root it to where it can release any fluids if it is a drain/over flow with out said fluids spilling in places you don't want them, if it is a vacuum or breather that is disconnected then you should hear a hissing somewhere in the engine bay or see some visual sign, basically if its not broken don't try to fix it

·
Registered
112 Posts
sorry meant to say with the absence of deformity and discolouration, it looks as though that end has probably never actually been connected to anything

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,625 Posts
Battery breather pipe?

·
41,941 Posts

Any help off this picture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It certanly looks like some kind of breather or drainage.
I forgot to say; when engine is running and one end connected (where red X is on picture, behind dipstick hose), there is no any air flow in or out from that hose or any pressure buildup if I plug it with finger.
There is no trace of being connected to anything...
I am not trying to fix it, it was diconnected...

Attachments

·
41,941 Posts
looks like it goes to the breather valve fitted on the rocker box( Cam cover ) to me..

They would not leave it open, as its from the engine ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To conclude this topic, after long research I found what it is: "fuel drain pipe from the inector rail"
The other side is hanging loose under engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Question .................... how did you figure the purpose?

IMO that cannot possibly be the answer since its a huge environmental issue and also a even bigger source of fuel for a possible complete car burn out - vehicles are no longer (15 years already+) manufactured with "open to air fuel breathing systems" at all

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Cheers - taught me something today .................. they created a injector rail "spill bucket" with a plumbed drain so that they rather drop any diesel leaks onto the road :unsure: (y)

·
41,941 Posts
no its a fuel DRAIN pipe,
Its so you can drain the system down, It wont allow fuel out unless you want it to

1 - 16 of 16 Posts