Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Renault Megane GT Line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So model supposed to be DZ09 according to that ............... and it doesn't compute...............no such thing available :eek: :unsure:

Can you find the oval plate/sticker and post that
Hi, I checked on the website your posted, the DZ09 variant is available under the megane III section but I cant seem to find where the turbo vacuum line goes to.

The solenoid I have is shown in this picture it's on the right side of the engine with the grey cap, could I just make a T and fit it to another vacuum hose going to the solenoid?

At the moment the solenoid has two vacuum lines hooked up to it, one going to the brake booster and the other I cant see where it leads to at the moment

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Same thing and location
Yes, I'm sure i can swap a vacuum line over but then I don't know where the other vacuum line is supposed to go if i remove one that is already attached to the solenoid :(

Sorry if I'm causing you a headache I'm just trying to understand....

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,185 Posts
Here you can see the vacuum pump and looks like the solenoid in your specific engine bay.

Worry about one thing at a time - sort the turbo actuator - it has to be done irrespective where whatever plumbing goes to .

Then follow any loose/unwanted plumbing to the source and start figuring from there.

Turbo actuator goes to the solenoid, vacuum pump goes to solenoid - fact.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here you can see the vacuum pump and looks like the solenoid in your specific engine bay.

Worry about one thing at a time - sort the turbo actuator - it has to be done irrespective where whatever plumbing goes to .

Then follow any loose/unwanted plumbing to the source and start figuring from there.

Will do , Ill have a try and keep you updated shortly.

Thanks for your help once again.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

As you said in the last post with the solenoid in my engine bay.

At the moment it has those two vacuum lines attached to it like the diagram, thats the only thing that confuses me at the moment.

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
As you said in the last post with the solenoid in my engine bay.

At the moment it has those two vacuum lines attached to it like the diagram, thats the only thing that confuses me at the moment.
It cannot possibly be true - earlier you said:

It seems to go to an actuator just above the turbo,
So - remove whatever is currently on the solenoid and then do what the diagrams show - you use only 2 ports on the solenoid - the rest of the plumbing is to be forgotten about for now till the turbo actuator is plumbed properly

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi, I have checked which lines go to the solenoid and what I can see here is that the line in the very bottom of the solenoid goes to the vacuum on the EGR, and on the vacuum port just below the throttle body. And the upper vacuum line on the solenoid runs all the way down to the bottom of the turbo as can be seen in the following pictures.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Style
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
I cannot help with what you have there - especially with the EGR in the mix.

Find the vacuum pump
Find the Turbo actuator
Connect them together using the solenoid.

You will have to figure what to do.

Confirm fist you have a single turbo ?
......... and a single turbo actuator?

From the pics you have this setup so I dont see what the EGR has to do with it - its not mentioned on that diagram at all

To me the vacuum pump should be connected to the bottom port on the solenoid there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)

Find the vacuum pump
Find the Turbo actuator

From the pics you have this setup so I dont see what the EGR has to do with it - its not mentioned on that diagram at all

To me the vacuum pump should be connected to the bottom port on the solenoid there.

Find the vacuum pump
Find the Turbo actuator

After having a look around i can confirm that yes the car has a single turbo.

I have marked and make a key of what the colors represent.

Yellow - From Top Of solenoid to the Bottom Par Of The Turbo

Green - From The Bottom Of The Solenoid, then splits to the vacuum pump and to the EGR valve side of things.

Red - Mysterious vacuum line from the top of the turbo going to no where (when the car is running no vacuum is being pulled from the line, assuming it needs vacuum source to activate)

White Light Green Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

Vacuum Line Connected to the bottom of the turbo is going to this, I have seen it when i changed the fuel filter and had to remove the inner fender liner.

Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Machine Personal protective equipment Rim

After some research the vacuum line labelled in red that leads to nowhere for vacuum source is the Bypass Valve it looks like this, its above the turbo and not a part of it I suppose. However I still have no idea where to get vacuum source for it :( -

Motor vehicle Line Font Art Auto part

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
Y
Yellow - From Top Of solenoid to the Bottom Par Of The Turbo
So where exactly is that pipe connected to on the turbo then? - show a picture please.

Red - Mysterious vacuum line from the top of the turbo going to no where (when the car is running no vacuum is being pulled from the line, assuming it needs vacuum source to activate)
Lets stop here ................. and dont answer or ask anything else please:

How can it go to the top of the turbo? ................. there is nothing to connect to on the turbo that requires this small plumbing other than the turbo's actuator.

So where exactly is that pipe connected to on the turbo then? - show a picture please.

Is there perhaps a nipple on the output side of the turbo (inlet manifold) its connected to?

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
To put it another way:

The turbo requires exactly one small diameter vacuum hose only - can you show where your turbo have 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Y

Lets stop here ................. and dont answer or ask anything else please:

How can it go to the top of the turbo? ................. there is nothing to connect to on the turbo that requires this small plumbing other than the turbo's actuator.

Is there perhaps a nipple on the output side of the turbo (inlet manifold) its connected to?
My mistake, as I said before i don't want to cause any headaches, my apologies.

The solenoid and the turbo are setup correctly, the solenoid is hooked up to the vacuum pump and to the turbo actuator at the bottom of the turbo.

It was my mistake as I assumed the bypass valve was part of the turbo, i just now noticed they are two separate parts which can be seen above the turbo, hence why I thought the upper vacuum line was going to the top of the turbo.

The only issue a the moment is the vacuum line hooked up to the bypass valve leads to nowhere and cannot see any open vacuum ports to plug it into.

Thanks for your patience :)

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
We need to get this in a direction now:

I dont know where the EGR got involved in all of this. The pink bit I marked here on your picture is the vacuum pump and it feeds via the small green nipple to the solenoid as well as the fat booster line.
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
It was my mistake as I assumed the bypass valve was part of the turbo, i just now noticed they are two separate parts which can be seen above the turbo, hence why I thought the upper vacuum line was going to the top of the turbo.

The only issue a the moment is the vacuum line hooked up to the bypass valve
"Bypass valve" .............. ????

What is the bypass valve attached to? (other than the mysterious little hose with no end)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
#1 in that diagram? - "Bypass valve" ?

I have to go do battle with a Prius now and may only be back way later or even in the morning.

Hopefully one of the other guys can chime in before then ....................

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
#1 in that diagram? - "Bypass valve" ?

I have to go do battle with a Prius now and may only be back way later or even in the morning.

Hopefully one of the other guys can chime in before then ....................
#6 in the diagram

on the left side of it at the top it has a nipple where the vacuum line it hooked up to

Not a problem mate take your time.

Thanks for the quick response and patience, appreciate it :)

·
Technical Supremo.
6,185 Posts
OK - not a lot of time today but it sure looks like my post #22 above of yesterday was in fact correct ..................

So find THAT solenoid valve (#1) - it has to be mounted there somewhere

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
OK - not a lot of time today but it sure looks like my post #22 above of yesterday was in fact correct ..................

So find THAT solenoid valve (#1) - it has to be mounted there somewhere
Hey mate, thanks for the response and your time once again.

The solenoid valve has been located and the turbo vacuum line and vacuum pump have been attached

all is working as it should. The only thing that is not hooked up to any source is the EGR bypass valve #6 in the diagram -
Antipollution | Renault Mégane III 1495 DZ09 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

There is a vacuum line coming from it that leads to nowhere, in my pictures its the one with the curved line at the end.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts