Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laguna 1. There are so many different Sat Navs out there but which one is the best to get?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi pras1011

I have not tried them all so my answer maybe biased.

Having used a tomtom one for over a year now and not got lost i would recommend you give it a try.

One big disadvantage to be aware of is they are high on the list of most wanted by thieves (keep it hidden).

:) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sat Nav

Hi
I have a VDO MS5000 installed in my Scenic which is a hard wired unit and can highly recommend. As it takes a feed from the car speed pulse its spot on for acuracy as it knows where you are even if the sat signal drops out as it also has a gyroscope inside which it uses along with the digital map on CD to know exactly where you are.

I also have a Tomtom One which I was given which I took to Florida earlier this month which was brilliant, with the Tomtom you can even edit your own POI's. Before I went i used a site that used google maps to let you exactly pinpoint where you want to go then click and save the co-ordinates into a POI file. I made a custom POI file for the places where we wanted to go and it too was spot on.

John

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I have a system which I take from car to van, etc. Its installed on my Sony Ericsson phone and supplied by Route 66. I find it invaluable for my business, as it allows calls to be made and received whilst giving directions.

The main advantage is that it cuts down on yet another item to need a power socket.

If you have a compatible mobile (they supply for Nokia also), then its another option for you to consider.

Paul:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts