Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 modus 1.5dci (68bhp). I am nearly at the 12000 mile mark and the car is due for its first service shortly.

How much should I be paying as it seems different garages quote different amounts?

A friend who also has a 2006 modus 1.5dci (86bhp) got a quote £275 for the first service and got another quote for £250. Both are from Renault dealers. :steam:

Naturally I want to pay as little as possible.

Thanks

Edd

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
the yts type person normally does the servicing anyway, go for the cheapest.:)

G

·
0 Posts
2006 modus
Renault were doing an offer in at least part of 2006 (definately march/April) , if you paid £100 they would service the car 'free' for 3years/36k miles.

Did you buy the car from a Renault dealer? If so, and the offer was on at the time you bought it, check if you paid the £100. If you weren't offered it, then it might be worth checking if the offer was on when you bought the car.

Richard

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
The cost for the 1st service on my scenic was £212 but fortunately I got it for nowt. That was at Renault Slough

·
Registered
11 Posts
i paid £210(or thereabouts) for the 12k service from our local renault dealer in Burnley lancashire a couple of months ago.....

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As long as genuine parts are used and the schedule is adhered to,any VAT registered garage can be used for servicing and this won't effect your warranty.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got an 80bhp diesel modus, and Renault don't really seem to know if it needs a service annually or every two years. Eventually they advised me my version of the engine only needed servicing every 20k/2 years. In the end I got the oil changed at 8k/12 months and will give it a full service when its two years old... are you sure you have the right service intervals?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts