Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, having been an active member for a few months now - I'm always intrigued by how fellow members have selected their username - some are fairly straightforward, being their own name (or variation of), others not quite so obvious.

I'm not prying - you can give as much (or as little) as you like, but I would appreciate whatever background information you can supply as to why you chose your particular username.

I'll start - I own a Vel Satis, and I'm well satisfied with it (thus far;) ), therefore, mine was a play on words - VelSatisfied.

Next please!:d

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I was one of the first people to sign up here - and owned a Scenic. However, when I requested scenic, the system said that was already taken (even though it wasn't), hence scen1c was born...

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
For some reason people think i'm a Superbiatch :(

But for those that know me, i'm just a big pussy cat and cuddly and gentle ;)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
My turn

I post under the wifes name....so if the answer is wrong i can blame her...hehe.

she's a diamond really

(real name Martin by the way)

:) :)

next

A

·
0 Posts
Well here's the biggest laugh of all
the spell checker in my head was a little
faulty on the day, and being new to the way of
posting on forums having just purchased
a new, wait for it yes a (magane) not a new megane
I posted mag1 only CHRIS. M. cottoned on to this
in a few of my earlier posts well done chris m. cough cough!!!

meg1 would have never suited me.

O

·
0 Posts
Well here's the biggest laugh of all
the spell checker in my head was a little
faulty on the day, and being new to the way of
posting on forums having just purchased
a new, wait for it yes a (magane) not a new megane
I posted mag1 only CHRIS. M. cottoned on to this
in a few of my earlier posts well done chris m. cough cough!!!

meg1 would have never suited me.
:rofl: I honestly always wondered where the Mag came from!

OG is what my friends call me - part of my 'real' name!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
When we got our first Espace in 1994 my daughter was only two yrs old, and she used to point to the car and say "truckbus" ... I used to be on Yahoo and there was already a Truckbus in Utah .... so TruckbusUK ..... simple really .... she still calls any Espace a truckbus .... its become somewhat of a family generic for people carriers now.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Mine is my favourite alias :d

'Taz' is the short version on the forename, 'zy' cos I wanted to, and 'K' is the first letter of the surname - bit like Ali G, only it's nothing like it :rofl:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all thus far!

Thanks for replying - interesting reading indeed!:d

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Mine's boring - SportTourer because I drive a Laguna SportTourer. I got fed up trying to think of an original/witty username.

We now also have a megane cc so I could call myself "SportTourerCoupeCabriolet"! :d or "MCC Tourer" :d

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Not named after my cat, or other favourite pet, or anyone else's favourite pet for that matter.

"Horatio the plastic lemming" was a small set of rubber bellows from a vandalised office typing chair. We used to amuse ourselves with the aforementioned item at my last place of work when the boss was (all too frequently) out of the office. The bellows kind of looked almost like a little creature, and when suitably compressed, could be forced to leap to their death from just about any high surface. This was all the more fun once we'd given 'him' a name. I don't know who came up with Horatio, but it stuck.

Anyway, along came the Internet, and message boards and the like. Every time I tried to sign up for something, I'd find that every name I ever wanted to use was already taken. I never felt comfortable adding numbers to a name that was already in use, as I always thought it'd be awkward if I bumped into the person whose name I'd 'stolen.' So, scraping the bottom of the barrel, I remembered poor old Horatio (he's in my loft somewhere) and used his name in tribute. Yes, okay, the 'tribute' thing is cobblers, but the rest is true.

When I signed up for RenaultForums, I didn't realise I was one of less than 100 users at the time and could probably have had any user name I liked. So Horatio it was. If you could change them and I could think of anything better, then I probably would have done by now :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brimstone (means a form of sulpher), started to use that after my first pc went up in smoke and the wife came into to the room and said room now smelt like rotten eggs:rofl:

real name is Pete

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Brimstone (means a form of sulpher), started to use that after my first pc went up in smoke and the wife came into to the room and said room now smelt like rotten eggs:rofl:

real name is Pete

My wife came into the room the other day and made a similar comment - only my computer wasn't on fire!!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts