Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

I have just bought another laguna 2 and i am after that wee clip on adapter to hold other keys
I cannot think for the life of me as to what it is called, therefore my searches for it is coming up
fruitless :frown2: any ideas please?

·
Administrator
21,616 Posts
Hi.

I know what you mean as I used to buy them for my Laguna II years ago. Looks like a u shape that card clips onto the bottom of the card. I don't think Renault have made them for a long time.

See attached for pics of what I mean.

You may be lucky looking on ebay / tinternet etc. It called a keycard holder

Attachments

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.

I know what you mean as I used to buy them for my Laguna II years ago. Looks like a u shape that card clips onto the bottom of the card. I don't think Renault have made them for a long time.

See attached for pics of what I mean.

You may be lucky looking on ebay / tinternet etc. It called a keycard holder

thats it, its knowing what its called, i have been trying so many different permutations
to no avail, on ebay and on google images i am gonna use your pic now, see if that
works, thanks :)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
humppph, google image search couldnt find any matches :/ didnt think it would be this difficult
Yes you are both correct, thats the item, are they available from Renault then?

·
Administrator
21,616 Posts
Summat like this then ?
renault megane key card | eBay
Not a clue what it would be called though...sorry?
The holders used to cost £1 from Renault. Granted for £25 you get a key card too.. but still :grin2:

They didn't last long (for me either), the weak point being the silly little ring of plastic on top of the clip that you used to put a key ring through always used to snap off.

·
Administrator
21,616 Posts
humppph, google image search couldnt find any matches :/ didnt think it would be this difficult
Yes you are both correct, thats the item, are they available from Renault then?
Like I said before I don't think Renault make them anymore as they changed the design of their key cards to include a hole for a key ring around the time when the Ph II Laguna came out.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Here you go..

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/2-cars-motoring/83397-laguna-ii-keycard-modification.html

Only thing you need to think about though is sometimes if the keys you have are heavy they will put pressure on your card when it's in place and from what I've read can cause problems with the card with bending it..

Have you thought of just buying one of those leather pockets that attach to your keys for the card to sit in and then just pop it out when you need it in the car?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts