Independent Renault Forums banner

12521 - 12540 of 12595 Posts

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,785 Posts
Yes she done it again ...helped wife out to car with her stuff today she gets in, I put box in boot she drives away, 40 minutes later phone goes "I'm away without my car keys again !!!!" ...ffs had to drive into Glasgow with her keys ..so much for a lazy day

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,477 Posts
just started the drink that taste like **** then have to wait 2 hrs and drink some other crap all for the morning, some of you will know what i am on about

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,029 Posts
Battery that I was using on this RX4 has given up, trickle charging is not working, had got up to 11.89 V now dropped to 8.80 V so a couple of cells must be knackered. It is 9 years old though and done well on the Scenic 1.6 since I had it.

RIP :(

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
just started the drink that taste like **** then have to wait 2 hrs and drink some other crap all for the morning, some of you will know what i am on about
Picolax, used before a colonoscopy or bowel surgery, otherwise known as liquid dynamite!!!!

Know it well. then only allowed clear fluids, tea, black coffee, consomme, Bovril, jelly as long as it is not red and clear fruit juices, apple, grape etc but not orange or other fibrous juices.

Best of luck!!! :)

·
6,477 Posts
it can knock you out for 2 days i had it from xmas day its not nice, it took me 3 weeks to start to feel better well 90% , fresh air once i was up and about was the best thing c/h makes you feel worse

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
it can knock you out for 2 days i had it from xmas day its not nice, it took me 3 weeks to start to feel better well 90% , fresh air once i was up and about was the best thing c/h makes you feel worse
me and the wife are on 3rd day and still got fever around 38-40 celsius little one is a little better today, was not hit by flu for many years
I wish i would get some fresh air ! The norms of PM values are 100 percent worse than max accepted values. Sometimes when it goes a little down i open the windows 10 minutes then close and open the air cleaner - bought a Philips for 250 bucks last year

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,350 Posts
effing insurance has gone up 25 squid £575 this years cover
Deffo putting labour charges up

·
6,477 Posts
wow i guess thats for x amount of cars covered at any time and can change at any time , i know the brother in laws was £1000 for 6 named cars/vans so when he went to auction he could drive one home if need be

·
39,350 Posts
No limit on how many cars, automatically covered in all customers cars should they have no insurance on the car..

I'm only named driver on my insurance ..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,286 Posts
Pottering in and out garage today.... left door open when went down garden.
Some tealeaf's had me jump leads away !!!!
Thems were custom built 12ft long, from right heavy duty multistrand cable I nicked from where I worked.
Two trolley jacks, socket set, couple of tool boxes full of sponners/sockets and my impact6 driver ignored so could have bin worse.
But still bloody grumpy !!!!

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,534
Must have been the copper thay wanted..😁 but fortunately they had half a brain cell and left the good stuff..

·
23,286 Posts
Common DIL had her Picanto broken into last night.
No damage but dashcam gone.
And alarm doesn't seem to be working anymore so another job for DD.
Dunno if dead before or if toerags disabled it.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,536
Common DIL had her Picanto broken into last night.
No damage but dashcam gone.
And alarm doesn't seem to be working anymore so another job for DD.
Dunno if dead before or if toerags disabled it.
Holy Hannah..😲 did they cause any damage to the car Pete..this country has gone down the pan..the country is riddled with crime and scum that want to make a quick buck and not want to work for a living..makes me wonder now why we bother to have nice things when all that will happen is some t0sser with come along and steal them.. :mad:

·
23,286 Posts
did they cause any damage to the car Pete..
No...no damage, no sign of locks being damaged or anything.
We're wondering if she actually locked it.... may have not closed boot or door properly so system didn't lock?
Bugbear is the alarm isn't working now.
Trying to work out why?
Seems to be arming but open a door and it don't sound off.

·
39,350 Posts
Microsoft just sent me an alert telling me one of my hardrives is failing
Think it might have been from driving off with my laptop on top of the car and watching it hit the road behind me

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Microsoft just sent me an alert telling me one of my hardrives is failing
Think it might have been from driving off with my laptop on top of the car and watching it hit the road behind me
Ouch!!!

SSD is the way forward if you can afford it NMP.

This is a good option, 16 Gb Nand flash 500 GB total HDD space for £28.75, a real bargain.

Even better with 32 GB Nand flash, they stopped making these, looks like it is either very old stock or they are making them again, tempted to get another myself.

Boots up fantastically fast with the 32 GB Nand flash, all the most used files get put in the Nand flash area of the SHDD automatically and boot times reduce with use and your most used apps get put in there too.
Sufficient space to put all the operating system boot files in and then some.

£112.71, 1Tb with the 32 Gb Nand, I have a few of these.

:) :) :)

12521 - 12540 of 12595 Posts