Independent Renault Forums banner

12541 - 12560 of 12590 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,345 Posts
Maybe not a Seagate , not very reliable ..
Got loads of hard drives, (spend money are you mad Lad deals in laptops, just ask him drop me another 1/2 dozen over )
Also got make it look good switching laptop on,
Have to spend at least 15 minutes there making out I know what I am doing, and its booted before I get diagnostic interface out and connnected..
Make the customer feel good about partng with money , thats what you have to do ..

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,287 Posts
Got loads of hard drives, (spend money are you mad Lad deals in laptops, just ask him drop me another 1/2 dozen over )
Have to spend at least 15 minutes there making out I know what I am doing, and its booted before I get diagnostic interface out and connnected..
Make the customer feel good about partng with money , thats what you have to do ..
Bloody hell Stu! I didn't know you was that Good!

·
Registered
25 Posts
After 3hrs sleep then 3hrs stripping unneeded wiring out of my new van I accidentally pulled the rear view camera moniters wires out and cannot for the life of me find where it was plugged into, think I may of pulled the connecting wires down behind by accident. Looks like I might have undo more of the dash then i wanted to! 1 step forward 2 steps back as they say:(

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Yesterday:
Got a thing in the mail, thank you for enquiring about our equity release scheme, colour brochures, how to get in contact with an advisor to take it further etc., yady-yada. Addressed to a Miss Boggs. But there's no Miss Boggs lives here, only me. Could be a mistake, wrong house number? I'll ask the postman next time I see him, does a Miss Boggs live on this road? Cos if not, someone's taking the p!ss...

Today:
Letter via email, not on paper thru the door, a pdf attached to an email. Ural insurance renewal. Please can you 'phone this number ASAP. Turns out the actual insurer, Zenith I think (this is from Bikesure, just acting as agent [as most of them seem to do]), want to bump up the price for renewal to something stupid, or so Bikesure reckon, so they want to get a new quote, hence want a natter on the blower to recheck circumstances. OK done. Now got it under AXA for £332.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
I didn't rate Seagate at one time but after others had failed I tried them again and found these Hybrid drives to be very good. Not one of them has let me down yet, "Touch Wood"!!!!

:)

·
39,345 Posts
Yes they were pretty poor at one stage..

Might have a word with the lad.

But it's spending money ,
Dont like doing that , Diagnostic/tools yes.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
#1. Amazon – "Based on your recent purchases on Amazon, it seems you are purchasing for work – would you like an Amazon business account" What?? Because of a couple of spanners and a hole tap? No I am not. Now bog orfe...

Oh OK there was also the impact driver bits..

#2. Just now – cold call, 07500 44 number, Internet search says is from China, recorded computer generated woman's voice "Your account has been hacked by some overseas people, press 1 to fix", have had this one twice now. Again, you know where to shove it don't you? And sideways.....

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
You'll have to upgrade at some time.....
... Aaaa-nd the first thing I noticed is, the floppy drive is not Commodore's original, but the good quality clone that is reliable and virtually identical in design and shape to an IBM, 'cause the Commodore one was a total pile of shite, guess how I know :)

I'm glad to say the Commodore one I had was given to me (Maplin was having a clearout of a storeroom one day and found one with a cracked case), so glad I didn't actually buy it cos that would've been like 250 quid. :oops:

·
39,345 Posts
Needed my driving license for car insurance
So had to go hunting
Decided at the same time to throw the VHS tapes away ( Top box full )
Put them all in the bin, then see the fence between the two houses in the neighbours garden.. FFS .
Managed to make the fence safe (ish)
Now got get someone out to put new posts/fencing up
F**k will have to do a full weeks work to pay for it now

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,279 Posts
So I go down to B&Q for one item.
Find it, go to pay.
There used to be 4 self service checkouts....nope gone.
And only one till (with a queue) working otherwise.
Dunno what Brainiac thought that one up.

Paid at the trade till.... glad I gotta trade card, could still be there otherwise.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,287 Posts
So I go down to B&Q for one item.
Find it, go to pay.
There used to be 4 self service checkouts....nope gone.
And only one till (with a queue) working otherwise.
Dunno what Brainiac thought that one up.

Paid at the trade till.... glad I gotta trade card, could still be there otherwise.
Gawd bless the tinternet!!

Can see the demise of retailers in the near future, but also blame councils for sky high business rates!

·
39,345 Posts
Cannot log into BT email
Security issue
Now cannot get through to their help line to rest everything..
FFS

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
The last 20 mins on this site. Time ousts, minute plus loading times. Failures to post. Off to bed.

12541 - 12560 of 12590 Posts