Independent Renault Forums banner

12561 - 12580 of 12595 Posts

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,029 Posts
New windscreen needed on the 1.6 Scenic, got a dint in it last Thursday, this Thursday the dint is now a big crack!!!
Not sure if the insurance covers it.
It could have been the RX4, that screen has some wiper marks on it, this screen was perfect!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Place a house brick on the bonnet and take a pic. Your insurance may cover you for vandalism :whistle:
Never thought of that!!!
£75.00 for a replacement, phoned up Friday afternoon already told them it was caused by a lorry.
They have not got back to me yet.
Said they couldn't find me on the system, good job it was a laminated screen otherwise I would be without a working car.
I will have to remember that for next time!!!
My insurance does cover me for vandalism.
:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Hi

most f/comp policy's cover w/screen as standard.

last time I had one go was with old girl whilst in Hanover Germany, the AA (5 star Europe cover)
shipped one out and they arranged for a local glass company fit it the following night whilst I was staying in Köln for a few days.
The glass fitters all wanted their picture taken sat in the car with the steering wheel on the RIGHT side !.

Al

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,290 Posts
Never thought of that!!!
£75.00 for a replacement, phoned up Friday afternoon already told them it was caused by a lorry.
They have not got back to me yet.
Said they couldn't find me on the system, good job it was a laminated screen otherwise I would be without a working car.
I will have to remember that for next time!!!
My insurance does cover me for vandalism.
Don't forget to claim for the dent and scratches on the bonnet!

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Calmed down a lot here in Cornwall,

Just pimply sissing down continuously at the moment!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
I had a hefty piece of paving slab to hold down (supposedly) the baggy part of the bike cover that is over my Ural sidecar ( I am currently using two bike covers, a slightly smaller one for the sidecar, unfortunately it also includes what's called a "screen pocket" to accommodate a screen or fairing and mirrors on a bike, but which the sidecar doesn't have) Storm Dennis had it off twice, well TBH the second time it was on its way to going off, not completely gone yet. I put a luggage strap around instead, that seems to have worked.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,477 Posts
will the rain ever stop, next will be a drought , i was thinking of digging a big hole in the garden so when it fills up next year i will have a swimming pool

·
22,290 Posts
will the rain ever stop, next will be a drought , i was thinking of digging a big hole in the garden so when it fills up next year i will have a swimming pool
Don't bother about digging! just wait a bit as you might just get a sinkhole, free!!

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
I am seriously getting pee'd off with the wind I know that. Two storms in as many weekends? Effing hell. Now need someone to come look at my TV aerial, 'cause I'm sure it's moved; haven't used the TV much lately but there's at least a couple of Freeview channels I can't get now that I know I did before no problem. :mad:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,350 Posts
I am seriously getting pee'd off with the wind I know that. Two storms in as many weekends? Effing hell. Now need someone to come look at my TV aerial, 'cause I'm sure it's moved; haven't used the TV much lately but there's at least a couple of Freeview channels I can't get now that I know I did before no problem. :mad:
Lucky you can have an outdoor aerial.
We have an outdoor, but one way To Fenton its blocked by a local school, So only 45 channels.
The other way its blocked By a Telephone mast , and only 47 channels. and thats the way we have it, but signal pleases itself
So indoor it is,
This gives us 85 channels.. Lost Babestation, and Adult tv
Gutted mate gutted

·
22,290 Posts
Have you re-tuned the set as from the 20th Feb if you don't you could lose stations, that's if i'ts Freeview.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Try re-tuning it, the channels might have changed, they frequently do. :)

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Lucky you can have an outdoor aerial.
We have an outdoor, but one way To Fenton its blocked by a local school, So only 45 channels.
The other way its blocked By a Telephone mast , and only 47 channels. and thats the way we have it, but signal pleases itself
So indoor it is,
This gives us 85 channels.. Lost Babestation, and Adult tv
Gutted mate gutted
one word

Satellite, or two Freeview :)

12561 - 12580 of 12595 Posts