Independent Renault Forums banner

12641 - 12660 of 12731 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hi,

I imagine this issue is with the legal dept with all travel companies / their insurers as well as the all the other private travel insurers.

Have a look at the Martin Lewis money site, he has done some initial work on this, but I imagine that there will be daily changes & updates coming out as things transpire.

Al

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,868 Posts
That's what we're working on but they say we CAN travel, only we'll have to get straight back on the plane and come home. In reality, Virgin won't let us on so should Virgin refund us or expect insurance to pay up. Insurance company says that this situation has never arisen with them before and for us to make a claim then they can consider it. Not much help and not confidence inspiring. What they did say is that future policies will exclude pandemics like this. What I don't know is - when an airline refuses boarding to a passenger, do they refund the fare?
Ring Virgin themselves, apparently they’re being sympathetic to the situation and sorting out for people to rebook for a later date, waiving cancellation fees in the process.
My wife’s seen this on a Facebook page she uses, think it’s called Orlando times or something.
We’ve got 25 nights booked in the summer and are obviously hoping things are okay by then.
Hope you get it sorted matey.
Ps. Have a flask and a fully charged phone (better still a non wireless one) as lines are so busy it takes a very long time to get through.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,771 Posts
I just read similar
Virgin Atlantic has now introduced changes for earlier bookings.
If you booked your flight before 4th March, for travel before 30th April 2020 (including Flying Club redemption bookings), your travel can be rebooked up to 30th September 2020. Again, you will be on the hook for any difference in fare. .
From here

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
Thanks guys. Tried ringing - we just get put on hold, then it cuts off on us. Problem we have is three families involved and it's Easter or nothing, and definitely not before Sept. So we really need a refund and because of the type of ticket we bought, that is not an option.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
Same story with seven Disney passes - cost an arm and two legs - that they are happy to extend for us but not refund. Need to check if I can sell them but I guess not.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I think it's largely rollox. So you just want to go get some groceries and some feckers have bought up the whole shop.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
Good news - for me at least. Looks like our flights will be cancelled. Need to move this to the "feeling happy" thread now. And it seems the Disney tickets can be transferred. Didn't really want to go to Disneyworld anyway. Now I can settle down in my little corner of Portugal and relax, going nowhere. And my 36 bottles of wine have just arrived.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,199 Posts
Dentists yesterday, that was good, the grumpy bit is that I drove into a car in front of me. At the roundabout the car in front of me pulled off, no cars in front of her, I was rolling forward, looked right to check it was clear and bang into the back of this A3, for some unknown reason she had stopped again while it was totally clear. Also it didn't help being blinded by the sun at that time. Silly bint was halfway across the roundabout at the time and of course it is my fault!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,199 Posts
Not a lot, slight bend in the lip on the bonnet on one half and broke the left hand side headlamp mountings, not broke the headlamp, that is still working. Not even chipped the paint.
Not worth claiming on the insurance for.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,859 Posts
As long as you are not hurt, It dont really matter.
Its just a car, ( Yer dopey barsteward, LOL my dad got points on his license for doing exactly the same thing. it was the fine that pi55ed him off, it was more than the car he hit was worth )

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,530 Posts
as above its just a bit of tin with 4 wheels .
hate waiting for parts and bits and its going to get worse as post office staff get sick, mind you the local post man in winter in shorts this bug will run a mile :D

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
... the grumpy bit is that I drove into a car in front of me. At the roundabout the car in front of me pulled off, no cars in front of her, I was rolling forward, looked right to check it was clear and bang into the back of this A3, for some unknown reason she had stopped again while it was totally clear
I've been caught out like that, no, must never take your eyes off the one in front while rolling. Stopped, yes.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Good news - for me at least. Looks like our flights will be cancelled. Need to move this to the "feeling happy" thread now. And it seems the Disney tickets can be transferred. Didn't really want to go to Disneyworld anyway. Now I can settle down in my little corner of Portugal and relax, going nowhere. And my 36 bottles of wine have just arrived.
Win, win win!

12641 - 12660 of 12731 Posts