Independent Renault Forums banner

12661 - 12680 of 12946 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,213 Posts
yikes !

going to have to grow a beard - no shaving foam in any of our shops !

Al
I've bin using tubs of shaving soap for years, each one usually lasts me a year so 6 months or so left in it, more if I ration.
Razor blades a different matter but I got fed up with the ever spiralling number of blades and cost and went back to the old fashioned safety razor blades so maybe I'll have a look in Boots next time I'm passing.
Otherwise it is the electric trimmer and fashionable stubble.

·
24,213 Posts
Lidl, asda and tesco stripped bare tonight. Not even a tin of soup on the shelf. Disgusting
It's staples like eggs and milk, not seen any in our locals for a week.... and running out at home, 'Er Indoors will be moaning about no milk for her tea by Monday.
And I'm struggling to understand what the fekkers are doing with them, having a garage full of toilet rolls and tins is one thing but eggs, milk?
It's not even as though they can freeze them cos their freezers will be full of ready meals anyway.
And if they do, unless done right, they won't like the outcome anyway.

Trouble is that it is putting the kybosh onto trying to minimise trips.... if you need something it is not just pop to the shops, it's repeated visits to get the one item. And of course, if while looking you see something in stock that has been short, you grab a couple of packs. Mea Culpa

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,486 Posts
It's not even as though they can freeze them cos their freezers will be full of ready meals anyway.
And whats the betting that in the next 2 weeks these selfish preppers will get fed up of looking at the same old meal options in their cupboards and freezers and decide to phone out for a take-away instead then in a few months time half of these food items will be consigned to the bin as being unwanted. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I think you are right, so much food will be binned as a result of greed. Apparently there's a surge in buying freezers. We needed to buy a printer for someone to work at home.....that proved hard.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,522 Posts
I've bin using tubs of shaving soap for years, each one usually lasts me a year so 6 months or so left in it, more if I ration.
Razor blades a different matter but I got fed up with the ever spiralling number of blades and cost and went back to the old fashioned safety razor blades so maybe I'll have a look in Boots next time I'm passing.
Otherwise it is the electric trimmer and fashionable stubble.
Me too. Back to the safety last spring. Even scared up a cup of soap and a hair brush that had been there for yonks.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,043 Posts
Baby shampoo works really well
I have a shave once every six weeks , whether I need one or not..

Slap the shampoo on lather, and shave..

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Face like a baby's bum !

got lucky, mate in work found some in their corner shop and bought one for me !

Just had a lovely shave, feels so much better now

Al

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ive seen more people today in my barn working on my Transit welding project today than in the passed 2 weeks.I thought we were all meant to be social distancing. Apparently according to a news report on the Radio Britons spent 1 Billion pounds extra in the past week in panic buying so its no wonder ther supermarkets havnt ramped up the supply of food etc, why would they, let the public think there really is a shortage. Look the Shelves are still empty, panic buying continues. Thanks to the Media Hype thats fueled this Hysteria and major super markets exploiltation.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I think the ore the hoarder buys won't keep them happy. They keep going.
Shops maybe need to limit all items to two max not four.

·
24,213 Posts
I think the ore the hoarder buys won't keep them happy. They keep going.
Shops maybe need to limit all items to two max not four.
I see reports of people going in, buying their allowed allotment, offloading into the car and returning to repeat the process
Reports in papers seem to suggest that EU countries aren't having the problem.
But shops have also instigated a maximum spend in some areas.
It needs something to break the cycle.

Anyway.... my grump is more mundane.
Youngest got a personal number plate.... sorted all the transfer online with DVLA no problem, just got to check road tax situation as she pays monthly and I don't trust DVLA to practice joined up writing.
Gotta inform insurance. Can't find anything to suit in the online account, can't phone as they are taking priority calls only and there seems to be an hour hold time to even get to the screening person.
Hey Ho, sent them an email with all the details, lets hope she doesn't need to claim or it could get all messy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This Last week i saw the plug pulled on my Business, Weddings and events. Im currently trying to asset save, so if anyone has any idea as to why my 1.5Dci Kangoo wont start i would love to here from you the post is on the engine part. Thanks.

12661 - 12680 of 12946 Posts