Independent Renault Forums banner

12681 - 12700 of 12718 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Another trip out over Grantham way (and a bit further, up the A1), could be the last such journey for weeks. Quite a bit of traffic today. Driving standards seem to have dropped lower than the usual minimum. Either speeding and up your 4rse and risky overtakes, or dawdling along at 30 – 40 mph! FFS. And Saturday night some knob head was racing his big black sports car up and down the road. T!t.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,418 Posts
Real crap day today! 3 computers gone dicky, battery swelled, lifted the screen up still working, other one win 10 got corrupted tried all sorts but can't format drive to reinstall win 10 so both in dock for repair, my trusty laptop still working but mains unit ain't so new one on order.

Now using my old IPad which thankfully is still working, looks like it's going to be an expensive day!:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Hope you weren't planning on going out for new parts, all electronics stores will be closed, in fact all shops not selling food or medicines, or a post office. I only mention this in case you haven't seen the prime minister's speech.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,166 Posts
Daughter decided she wanted to clean her stone bird bath, wanted to use the pressure washer.
Cack handed daughter managed to destroy the frigging rubber "O" ring. So with the "O" ring gone on the pressure washer lance hose it is now an ornament. What a PITA to sort another "O" ring, looks like a M10x2
You would not believe how many different standards and sizes there are.
Hopefully got the correct size, measured with a Electronic Digital Caliper and the thickness of the ring is approx 2 mm Difficult to be exact when measuring rubber that has been deformed by the fitting that it sits in and is broken up, but the sizes available are 1.98mm 2.0mm, 2.2mm, 2.4mm so the 2.0 looks the best fit and the internal diameters are in .5 mm increments. the 10 looks the best fit. I had a 11 x 2 from a garden hose connector and that is to big to fit in the hole of the inlet!! Couldn't even persuade it by warming up with some boiling water.

Then the imperial sizes are another story!!

Haven't got a clue to an instruction manual and can't find anything online for it as it is an old Chinese Man Power pressure washer PCP2100F APW-70

ANLU Cleaning Machinery Co Ltd
Zhejiang China.

It was given to the OH by one of her former employers.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Hi all
two grouses ............
1 ) got home from work to a freezing cold house, two power cuts and W/B heating clock had re set to midnight 01 01 2001.
Must find the instructions, surely there must be a back up battery for keeping the time during such events !

2) Our delivery drivers out doing home deliveries today, had four 'no one in's' despite BJ shutting the country down and hardly anyone is at work.

Al

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
Youngest working from home... part of her job is collating jobs and allocating them to engineers. Then costing and invoicing"
"Daaaad, if the skirt comes loose from the bottom of a radiator how big a job is it?"
Do what? what the 'ell you talking about?
What radiator?
Then I looked at her emails..... From an engineer on the road, "skirt under radiator loose, needs riveting back, I have pop rivets in my van"
Penny dropped, she can't easily ask anyone in office so asking me !!!

Engineer answered it BTW, should only be ten minutes, book the min time on site.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
Got away with that .
All my tools are in the car, or garage, and not allowed out unless shopping for essentials and exercise

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,418 Posts
Hope you weren't planning on going out for new parts, all electronics stores will be closed, in fact all shops not selling food or medicines, or a post office. I only mention this in case you haven't seen the prime minister's speech.
Been tied up for a while, sent them in for repair, 1 to remove battery and make it mains only, other one just a format so I can reinstall win 10 usually do it myself but it's asking for a bit locker key which as the present system is corrupt I can't access.

Day after I took them in Boris shut all shops down for three weeks!!!!!!! So now have to wait for a release date, in the meantime back to my old IPad..

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
I'm still working flat out !
really busy, just called at Tesco on way home - no milk or bread , then went to Morrison's - new opening hours - closed at 8 PM

how are workers meant to get food - ! I go to work before they open and no f*****g food left when I finally get to come home .

Al

·
23,702 Posts
Al, hit the smaller shops, while twassocks are emptying the big supermarkets they seem to be keeping fairly well stocked.
Our big Tesco and ASDA are empty warehouses with queues round the car park.
Little Tesco express attached to petrol station, didn't have much choice on Monday but had bread, milk. eggs and plenty of fresh veg, freezer cabinets looked full.... topped up the motor and larder in no more time then normal.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,390 Posts
Same at my end too at the petrol station. Also local Co-op seems to have about 1/3 of normal stock but still some items you might not get elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
HI all

thanks for tips will try my local 'One-Stop or T express' on way home tomorrow, pointless trying in the morning
as being left in car all day will mean by the time I get home I'll just have more cheese.

Al

·
23,702 Posts
Looks like Youngest's BF just had his car written off.
Lights out and tee boned by some woman.
No injuries to him.
Returning home from work !

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Crap. :(

Some people are thinking the roads are emptier so can take more chances, or not expect traffic. Maybe.

One good thing about the lockdown, I've noticed an audible absence of A-holes racing their sports cars around in the evening and late evening, we have a few knob heads around Boston, loud exhausts and downforce wings on their boot lids FFS. Pirrocks. I get the custom car thing, but it just makes them look (and sound!) like tw4ts.

12681 - 12700 of 12718 Posts