Independent Renault Forums banner

12701 - 12720 of 12804 Posts

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,463 Posts
P1ssed off yesterday evening, central heating radiators on, thermostat off? Bungalow like a sauna.
3 position valve not working so calling for heat to hot water cylinder is heating radiators.
British gas £60 excess charge call out fee so had a look on fleabay, new Honeywell 3 position diverter valve £66 incl delivery so ordered that save the fee and save an engineer calling. probably just needs the head changing. Spare Honeywell actuator heads on their own are a ridiculous price, £84.99 from screw fix, £77.89 for a Actuator head from Plumbworld, cheapest I could find out there. £69.90 for a Honeywell head of fleabay, can't really trust fleabay as there are clones for £27.00 which reportedly last only a couple of years, don't take much to clone a sticky label and sell as genuine.
Call me a cynical old ******* but I don't really trust that as they look so similar of course.

Honeywell valve should be here Monday, easy enough to change, if whole valve is tucked then I have the lot for a complete change over if necessary.
Once changed you can get replacement motors for the valves, only a tenner so I might invest in a new motor to repair the old actuator, depends on what sort of condition it is inside. Then I will have a spare actuator for future use.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Coincidentally mine was playing silly bu99ers this morning, Hive thermostat set to 20.5, actual 21.2, boiler going full pelt. WTF... messed about with the settings, switched between schedule and manual a couple of times, OK now. Don't need that going t!ts up now! :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,463 Posts
Nationwide came to replace the windscreen, you won't believe it, there are two types for my motor, tinted and plain, mines tinted, he bought plain FFS you would have thought they would have asked if the registration information didn't show this information.
Mine being an Expression + is obviously a bit better than the bog standard and so has the tinted glass, so fitting now next Thursday.
I recon it would look funny with a non tinted windscreen and tinted side windows.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,463 Posts
Coincidentally mine was playing silly bu99ers this morning, Hive thermostat set to 20.5, actual 21.2, boiler going full pelt. WTF... messed about with the settings, switched between schedule and manual a couple of times, OK now. Don't need that going t!ts up now! :eek:
Funny thing is mine started working again, turned the whole boiler off for a while. In the middle of the night last night it was getting cold so turned it back on, radiators didn't get hot as I had turned them off on the controller so it was working as I had to turn them back on at the controller.
Must have had a funny turn for some unexplained reason!!!

New valve and actuator arrived in the post this morning, less than 24 hours after ordering.

:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Congrats! :)

you won't believe it,
Yes I would!

Mine: security camera pratting about. Stopped alarm recording after 9:30 this morning (postman came after that, and didn't "trigger"); alarm recording means recording when a movement is detected. Got it going again, camera reboot, reformat memory card blah-de-blah-de-blah. Fiddle with settings, testing, OK, then it stopped again. Fiddle with setting some more, got it working again. The detection part works no problem, app on phone can make a chime on detection. Just won't flippin' record. Software or hardware glitch? But I can manually record, or set a fiixed recording period, so it can do it. I now think daylight saving time may be messing it about, as the camera thinks that was last weekend. Resynced time with phone and turned off DST, working at the mo.

The triggered recording mode is much better than continuous recording one chunk (the other option) which means ploughing through hours of video (depending how long you set it for), so really don't want to lose that.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Bluddy did it again! Or NOT do it. Someone just delivered a parcel, wasn't recorded. Bluddy time had jumped an hour forward again! Set DST to "off" again(!), but needs to click this, for camera restart, apparently. (?)
FFS...

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
That was going to be next, but has sorted itself now. Seems to have got confused about when DST is. Hope that's all it was. Bearing in mind everything has to be done via an app called CamHiPro. Can't do anything without the app.

·
Premium Member
15,463 Posts
Darned Blood Pressure monitor stopped working. All I get is a buzz for a few seconds then an error message.
:mad:
See smile thread.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,018 Posts
Funny thing is mine started working again, turned the whole boiler off for a while. In the middle of the night last night it was getting cold so turned it back on, radiators didn't get hot as I had turned them off on the controller so it was working as I had to turn them back on at the controller.
Must have had a funny turn for some unexplained reason!!!

New valve and actuator arrived in the post this morning, less than 24 hours after ordering.

:) :) :)
Been there done that a couple of times, 9 out of 10 it will be just the motor that's chuffed but if you have the whole head you might as well replace it.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,566 Posts
same with me i always have a spare motor in the box only just changed mine last dec , i also have a spare 3 port valve and pump in the shed . it was not long ago you could buy the 3 port valve, thermostat's and timer for £55 . it was always cheaper that way than buying just the valve , that reminds me must order some flushing fluid it wont be long before it will need a goo clean out ready for new year

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Decided to clean the concrete slabs today - I'd only got 4 done when the damn pressure washer stopped working, the rest look even dirtier now!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Decided to clean the concrete slabs today - I'd only got 4 done when the damn pressure washer stopped working, the rest look even dirtier now!! :mad:
So now we have at least 2 of the damn things acting up then - same story here! :mad:

12701 - 12720 of 12804 Posts