Independent Renault Forums banner

12721 - 12740 of 12946 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Which pressure washers?

Only asking cos I bought a Karcher K5 couple of years ago, what a pile of sh!te, took it down to the recycling depot January this year when having a tidy up, my conscience wouldn't let me put it on eBay or in the paper for sale for some other poor sap, so heap of money down the drain.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,209 Posts
Mate of mine had a Karcher… motor blew up.
I had a cheapo Nutool washer, stopped making pressure cos the lance bust... nicked the one off my mate's Karcher, Nutool worked.
Would still be using it but Aldi had one on sale a year or two back with a reel for the pressure hose.
Couldn't resist it cos fighting with the hose to store it and deploy is a pain.
Aldi one also has auto shut off once pressure is reached... so put the gun down and it all goes quiet... I like that.
I dislike paying through the nose for a Name (like Karcher) when at the end of the day, you are buying a motor and a pump probably made in the same place as the cheapo one.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Mine is the B & Q own make one, had it 10 years now. When I get a day off I must blast the driveway down.

Al

·
24,209 Posts
Youngest just pulled the plug out to empty the bath.... it emptied, through the ceiling and into the snug.
Luckily I was in there so could get her to put the plug back in so ceiling is (probably) okay...just have to see how it dries.
However, I now have to move the bath, rip up the lino, the ply underboard and some floorboards to find out and fix the leak in the fecking drain pipe... amount that came out I suspect a fitting failed.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,038 Posts
Something for you do tomorrow..

Is it silicon this time then..

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,595 Posts
Sewing some face masks, got the sewing machine working nice then buzz and smoke coming out of it.

0.22 µF safety capacitor burnt out.

Really teed off.

:mad:

·
24,209 Posts
Something for you do tomorrow..

Is it silicon this time then..
Turned out to be the right angle fitting directly under the floor had fell off the down pipe.
I had bracketed it but placcy bracket had broke and allowed movement.
Replaced bracket with metal one (flattened copper pipe, shaped and drilled) and put a wooden cross brace between joists under as belt and braces.
Moving bath was easy enough, lino came up as did enough of the ply underneath, had to cut one floorboard for access or remove a towel radiator.... multitool through the floorboard, centreline of joist.
Would have liked to have removed all the underfloor pipe and replaced with solvent joints but ATM, can't be assed to source it.

·
24,209 Posts
You were lucky. We had smoke coming up the plughole. Daft gits put a 50W halogen downlighter touching the waste pipe.
There's nice now.
Them downlighters made a fashion statement but are really the inventions of the devil.
Loads of heat in a closed space.
These days easy to replace with LED versions plus a bonus on reduced running costs

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,521 Posts
There's nice now.
Them downlighters made a fashion statement but are really the inventions of the devil.
These days easy to replace with LED versions plus a bonus on reduced running costs
Amen. Problem with the LED GU10s atm is the short life. Only getting 2-3 yrs and seems as it's poor heat management or bad glues. The diodes themselves are not failing. I'm making a collection here that will get fixed and reused in yet another gawdawful home made contraption.

·
Administrator
21,692 Posts
Had to take the cat to the out of hours / emergency vets earlier after she got stung by bee whilst playing with it. Ffs!!

God vets know how to charge !!! £220 odd quid for a couple of injections and the consultation :eek:. Hopefully the pet insurance pays out (minus the £60 excess !).

Let's hope kitty has learnt her lesson,!!!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
There's nice now.
Them down lighters made a fashion statement but are really the inventions of the devil.
In my first house the [email protected] before was useless at diy, fitted the toilet cistern to the hot water
pipe going to the bath & instead of wood chip paper he used bl00dy Sandtex all the way - hall up to landing !

Al :mad:

·
24,209 Posts
In my first house the [email protected] before was useless at diy, fitted the toilet cistern to the hot water
pipe going to the bath & instead of wood chip paper he used bl00dy Sandtex all the way - hall up to landing !

Al :mad:
Tenant I had wanted an outside tap so he could put a hose on to wash his car.
Used one of those self piercing connectors to make the connection to water pipe.
Never did work out if he meant to connect to a hot water pipe or just fecked up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tenant I had wanted an outside tap so he could put a hose on to wash his car.
Used one of those self piercing connectors to make the connection to water pipe.
Never did work out if he meant to connect to a hot water pipe or just fecked up.
I've done exactly the same thing last week :ROFLMAO: wasn't thinking while going to do it to check the pipe was hot or cold. As a quick fix I just got another self piercing connector and attached that one to the cold. Left the hot one in place for the moment as it can't be seen anyway and just closed the valve to it.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,486 Posts
I've done exactly the same thing last week :ROFLMAO: wasn't thinking while going to do it to check the pipe was hot or cold. As a quick fix I just got another self piercing connector and attached that one to the cold. Left the hot one in place for the moment as it can't be seen anyway and just closed the valve to it.

You might as well connect the two together with a mixer tap for the perfect water temperature .... maybe use for an outdoor shower perhaps? :devilish:

12721 - 12740 of 12946 Posts