12881 - 12900 of 12948 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,059 Posts
lol

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I didnt notice yesterday that I went past a speed camera @ 5am..aint got a clue what speed I was doing either..so just waiting now to see if a letter drops on the mat..😭

If the worst happens, and you get the offer - take the Speed Awareness Course, it's OK, not nearly as bad as it sounds (you don't get a long lecture), and it avoids the points on your licence!!

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,886
I should be so lucky last one in 2014 hit me with a £100 fine and 3 points..I only went out for bread cos local spar opens at that time and it resembled Wembly stadium.. couldn't turn round due to the number of cars that were parked there so took the long way around..unfortunately the old type yellow camera was removed and now its up on a high pole with multiple lenses so not so obvious..wouldn't normally travel in that direction but while I was out I thought lets take the old girl for a blast [I mean quiet run ]

·
41,059 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,907 Posts
The SODUM has just failed its MOT with a dangerous on the Suspension Drop Link and an advisory with an oil leak ( coming from the sump plug) they are fixing the drop link but when they quoted £50.90 for the new Sump Plug and washer, I queried the cost with the service manager, whose reply was "how are they going to keep the oil in the sump when they remove the sump plug, maybe the extra cost would be for some new oil!" cheeky barsteward, so all being fixed, and I got to drive home in a Suzuki Swift, which is anything but "Swift", Oh well get the SODUM back tomorrow

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,891 (Edited)
Just read a message from the big admins that one of our suoer moderators Noel (MadNoel10) passed away a while ago.

We often wondered what had become of him since he stopped posting around 2018, now we know. :(

RIP Noel.
Dont know if its still there Dave but we did have a garden of rest section..if its there would you please put that post in there so members can comment..Thankyou.. :) tried to contact Heather but nothing from her email and it doesnt connect for me..

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Dont know if its still there Dave but we did have a garden of rest section..if its there would you pleas put that post in there so members can comment..Thankyou.. :) tried to contact Heather but nothing from her email and it doesnt connect for me..
Was thinking that Phil.

Will do it now. :)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,220 Posts
The SODUM has just failed its MOT with a dangerous on the Suspension Drop Link and an advisory with an oil leak ( coming from the sump plug) they are fixing the drop link but when they quoted £50.90 for the new Sump Plug and washer, I queried the cost with the service manager, whose reply was "how are they going to keep the oil in the sump when they remove the sump plug, maybe the extra cost would be for some new oil!" cheeky barsteward, .........
Surprised they could even see the sump plug given the way most cars have engine under covers nowadays.
I'd check on the oil situation BTW.... if new price seems cheap, especially if the undercover has to come off (has it got one?)
Would not be surprised if old oil was being collected and poured back in, especially if there was a recent oil change.

·
41,059 Posts
Just filled the bath, so decided give my beard a bit of a trim, managed 10 minutes
Battery has gone flat, Only charged the bloody thing in September

·
41,059 Posts
13 week beard now gone, set the bloody thing wrong again,

Will get the hang of this beard trimmer in the end.
Everytime I try and trim my beard, I tuck up

My hair is past my shoulders at the moment, and wife wont let me shave it all off, would do that now, ..
Not had it cut since May of last year, 6 weeks before daughters wedding,, and its 12 months for them on Monday ( Dont time go quick )

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,220 Posts
Beard is now a relatively decent looking goaty.... aiming for a Colonel Sanders KFC look.
Hair is now a No4 lockdown buzz and likely to stay that way....trim once a week whether needed or not.
Shortest it's been since just after leaving primary school.
And dead easy to manage

12881 - 12900 of 12948 Posts