Independent Renault Forums banner

13001 - 13020 of 13045 Posts

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,002
Always worked hard before I became disabled and her indoors ran two residential homes for the elderly..quite often working 14 hour days doing it..wasnt unknown for her to come home and find that the night shift had not turned in and she had to go back and leave me in a cold bed.. 😁 she retired at 70 working far longer than she needed to and now she wishes she had done it sooner than later..when I kept telling her that I got a flea in me lughole..😁

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,387 Posts
MOT season starting.
Just booked in Q car
Then Youngest due before 26th Aug
Then Kia and Common's due beginning of Sept.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,004
And mine due on the 4th Sept..having rear tyres done today fingers crossed..🤞

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,947 Posts
Daughter got 6 months extension on her Rio, so anytime for her but wife’s Sportage is due end of September.
Bigger grump, WiFi not working, test showing line fault and engineer booked tomorrow. Only got phone and don’t like using data... costs money!

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,064 Posts
Depends on what you want to pay but worth a look at sim only (provided you own the phone) as you can get unlimited data, calls and messaging for about £5 week, might be worth a look(y)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,404 Posts
Make sure you get unlimited download

I was sha55ing my new computerised sex doll.
"Ooh baby, how do you like that inside you baby?"
Biatch replied, "Insufficient data."

Reactions: bugsb

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,012
£2bn to be spent on cycle lanes!! :mad:
About time they made them pay VED and make compulsory to have insurance..they use the same roads we do so why not..roads are hardly wide enough for bleedin cars never mind cycle lanes..:mad:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
All this discussion of cycle lanes, everyone cycling to work etc. is London-centric because that's all the politicians know and it's all very well there, and I suppose in some other big cities, but is irrelevant to those living in outer suburbs and the countryside towns and villages.

Just another case of taxes being spent in London.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,601 Posts
during the lock down i got out on my bike and you know the biggest problem mainly lorry drivers park across the public foot and bike path also double yellow lines , the worst one is on the a14 on a slip road so the public have to walk/bike around the lorry/car into the slip road with traffic building up speed 70mph to get onto the a14 . its a well used footpath by all inc kids . so sorry when car lorry drivers have respect for the public and bikers lanes then i will give you some respect

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Just remembered that I've still not had my surcharge refund on the aygo alternator that I sent back 2 months ago. Seller is blaming covid19, and promised 5 weeks ago he would keep me updated.

·
24,387 Posts
....and I suppose in some other big cities, but is irrelevant to those living in outer suburbs and the countryside towns and villages.
TBH, when I was but a lad and living on the south coast, I cycled everywhere, practically lived on a bike.
We moved to Brum and after a few forays onto the roads, gave up, just too ferkin dangerous.
And that was in the 60s, traffic is far worse now, there may be a few cycle lanes around but no way.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
We've got the UK first Dutch roundabout. The car gives way to everything leading up, being on and exiting the bloody thing. Started at £800k and finished slightly over budget at £2.4mil. Can see it leading to accidents

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts

·
24,387 Posts
Oh gawd, it's gonna happen.
Looks great in the daylight with clear visibility but at night in the wet with a cyclist at speed who ain't gonna stop cos "they've got right of way"....
I seriously dislike lights immediately after junctions or on roundabouts but this looks like it ought to have them... if only to protect the cyclists.

13001 - 13020 of 13045 Posts