Independent Renault Forums banner

13021 - 13040 of 13045 Posts

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,692 Posts
Trolls all the way to Derriford hospital for a magnesium infusion only to be told after a 3 hour wait for a blood result that at 0.63 I am too close to the intervention level to have one!!!
Pissed right off, not what my doctor was expecting, she was hoping for a top up to get me back to 0.70 and then see if I could maintain it.

:mad: :(:(

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,601 Posts
i got used to it in Germany come upto a junction stop just before it as bikes had the right of way if clear move upto the junction i cant remember if the roundabouts are the same , as said once you got used to it there was no problem

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,519 Posts
It's designed to give pedestrians and cyclists priority! Fme accident waiting to happen. Council felt 67% of the public felt the previous roundabout needed safety measures.
little video on this link
Is that video cam mounted on a car?? It seems the camera operator has no idea which way to drive around the roundabout either o_O😁

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
No idea where the camera is mounted. But pedestrians and cyclists having right if way is something 99+% of UK drivers won't know about at this roundabout surely.
Personally it sucks.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,387 Posts
No idea where the camera is mounted. But pedestrians and cyclists having right if way is something 99+% of UK drivers won't know about at this roundabout surely.
Personally it sucks.
The problem with "right of way" is that it does not exist in UK law or in reality.
What does exist is situations where drivers (or cyclists or pedestrians) should give way or even stop.
Which gives the situation where cyclists think they have right of way but are relying on the car drivers to give way.
Cyclists who firmly believe in right of way no matter what will soon be finding out about Darwin.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,675 Posts
Cemeteries are full of people who had right of way.
Beware the goody two shoe right of way bestower who likes stopping on green on the inside lane at a pedestrian crossing to wave an old dear on to the crossing while the outside lane is still motoring through on green.

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Wife's 2009 Pug 207 in for MOT today !

FAIL , 4 of the 5 exhaust mountings have come away from the pipe.

The exhaust it self is in excellent condition (44k from new) but all the mounts welded to it have all corroded and come detached from the pipe. so its either new exhaust (ouch !)
or
I need to fabricate (bodge) 4 x new bracket to pipe clamps to re join etc ..
Early start in the morning as the kicker is ; the car needs to be back with tester by noon Sat, as he's then away for two weeks holiday.

Another weekend that I won't have time to do any work on 'old girl' !

Al

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Cemeteries are full of people who had right of way.
Beware the goody two shoe right of way bestower who likes stopping on green on the inside lane at a pedestrian crossing to wave an old dear on to the crossing while the outside lane is still motoring through on green.
Went onto that roundabout yesterday. Luckily it was quiet, but pedestrian crossing and all the lights that go with them, cycle lane's. You've got to be careful. It's the ones from out of town that worry most about.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
We've got the UK first Dutch roundabout. The car gives way to everything leading up, being on and exiting the bloody thing. Started at £800k and finished slightly over budget at £2.4mil. Can see it leading to accidents
I thought BREXIT was meant to stop us getting crap like this from Europe!! :LOL:;):LOL:

·
24,387 Posts
or
Got that on the Kia, system is solid, central (welded) bracket detached..... Jubilee clip, been like that for the last two MOTs, inspector tuts each time but not even shown as an advisory.

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
30 year old email address used to manage all banking, notifications, codes etc etc gets canned by the company ..................... takes them 5 days to discover this with me pulling my hair out because its end of the month etc ................

"No sir we don't know why" .................... "No sir we don't know who" ...................... no sir we have absolutely no record of the email address ....................FFS :mad:

So can you restore it? .................... no sir we have no info or history on the address, so you will have to apply for a new address.............

So can I have my old email back then if I apply? .................... sir we don't know yet, we can only try:sick:

How long before I will be able to receive emails then ?..........................er - 3 to 5 WORKING days...................FFS in this modern times:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
24,387 Posts
30 year old email address used to manage all banking, notifications, codes etc etc gets canned by the company .....................
That's ridiculous!
I got one that has to be twenty years old now.
That I use for registering on sites that could be spam generators.
It's a leftover from an old ISP provider that no longer even exists.... but I can still receive email on it.

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
The irony is I am paying a monthly premium to have this wonderful address kept alive because I have moved on ito ISPs long time ago ............... no record of my payments and linking to my bank account for debit order either:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
A55ii said:
or
Got that on the Kia, system is solid, central (welded) bracket detached..... Jubilee clip, been like that for the last two MOTs, inspector tuts each time but not even shown as an advisory.

well my childhood skills with meccano proved to be good. 4 x crafted brackets using perforated zinc band and nuts & bolts, testers comment "those will last longer than the OE ones did" PASS certificate issued - result !.

Al

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,404 Posts
you two pair of cowboys..
I would have used exhaust clamps
looks professional ..

(and cheaper than jubilees and/or nuts and bolts )

·
24,387 Posts
you two pair of cowboys..
I would have used exhaust clamps
looks professional ..

(and cheaper than jubilees and/or nuts and bolts )
Had jubilee clip, would have had to buy a proper clamp.
Not got money to burn ya knows.

·
41,404 Posts
99p each
4 = £3.96p
1 jubilee clip £4 no brainer

Wait till you have to buy a jubilee clip, you will be under that kia and shove an exhaust clamp on, so you can retrieve your jubilee clip

Reactions: Phil48

·
41,404 Posts
Tucking hell those exhaust brackets are expensive
AND is it a Jubilee clip, or those poxy excuse of a jubilee clip

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stripping the rear left door of my wife's modus for the umpteenth time because the rear window regulator clip has broken again.
And the door handle this time.

13021 - 13040 of 13045 Posts