Independent Renault Forums banner

13201 - 13220 of 13307 Posts

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,694 Posts
Harness, back seat cover, sorted! Lot easier to clean!

What breed is your dog? 👍

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
272 Posts
sorry cant resist, but how did it get into the uk :devilish:
I reside in Poland so he did not enter the UK :)

beautiful dog with lots of love and hair :)) he was 5 weeks old when i took him, already away from her mother so he strongly got attached to me. Very clever and great with my 4 year old daughter.

Its 3rd time he leaves gift in my car and he can be really stubborn sometimes but so sweet like cotton candy

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,694 Posts
A beautiful animal like that you cant be annoyed at! (y)

Give him a hug from me:giggle:

Had a car sick dog like him best bet is to take him on short journeys to get used to the car motion, it did work eventually but sheet up, makes cleaning a lot easier !

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
Are you an oracle or what :confused::p:oops:

took me around few hours and one bottle of room spray then i left the car doors open for 3-4 hours, luckily there was slight wind.
Been there, done it, got the tee shirt (covered in sick)
In past had both a German Shepherd and a Weimaraner.
As youngsters both were prone to car sickness.
But I was also driving a Rover SD1 with a large rear hatch and boot area so relatively easy to cover and clean.
Also had kids and they as pups are also prone to upchucking in the car..... but 'ErIndoors would never let me stick them in the boot.

Lovely looking mutt BTW, treat him, train him and look after him, your efforts will be repaid tenfold.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,619 Posts
My Collie would either get travel sick just a few miles into an outward journey or coming back would be sick about 1/4 mile from home. Sometimes you just can't win. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
A beautiful animal like that you cant be annoyed at! (y)

Give him a hug from me:giggle:

Had a car sick dog like him best bet is to take him on short journeys to get used to the car motion, it did work eventually but sheet up, makes cleaning a lot easier !
Giving him lots of hugs all the time, my wife is even jelaous :ROFLMAO::LOL:

The roads that I have to use are for intercity so that I cannot go slow there. I think when you go slow he is cool but when you speed up little bit he gets worse. I try not to feed him 3-4 before I take him for a ride but looks like does not work. Next time I will try to go slow as possible

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
You could never be angry with him for long!!!!

:) :) :)
When he digs, eats or bites the kids etc, I shout at him, you should see that. he suddenly stops when he hears " what did I tell you?" he bows his head and looks away, if I keep shouting his head goes down on the ground, again my heart cannot stand then i hug him after all mess :love:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Been there, done it, got the tee shirt (covered in sick)
In past had both a German Shepherd and a Weimaraner.
As youngsters both were prone to car sickness.
But I was also driving a Rover SD1 with a large rear hatch and boot area so relatively easy to cover and clean.
Also had kids and they as pups are also prone to upchucking in the car..... but 'ErIndoors would never let me stick them in the boot.

Lovely looking mutt BTW, treat him, train him and look after him, your efforts will be repaid tenfold.
He doesnt want to stay in the back and wants to come close to me so i am not able to keep him there - for the rear seats i have a big cover which would keep me away from the chaos... When he was smaller, I had to keep him on my lap and drive like that because he was scared as hell. Finally I am able to keep him on passenger seat :)

Thanks a lot, he is very clever and learns quick. Most of the commands he obeys but not continuously - we will slowly get there. I ll think about some dog training school maybe if i can find a good one. People used to say but I would not belive, he is like a second child now :D:LOL:

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I have that inner ear thing that comes with age (paroxysmal positional vertigo?)...... so I get car sick too!! :p

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,000 Posts
I have that inner ear thing that comes with age (paroxysmal positional vertigo?)...... so I get car sick too!! :p
Your only 25

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
6,633 Posts
thats my ass kicked . great looking dog face like a Labrador they all have there own personality , but we love them no matter what

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
My wife watches Bake Off. I ride a motorbike.

The new series is about to start, and apparently one of the contestants lost a leg in a motorcycle accident. Great. Now she'll be reminded once a week that my hobby is dangerous.

Thanks Channel 4. :mad:

·
9,619 Posts
He doesnt want to stay in the back and wants to come close to me so i am not able to keep him there -
You can buy a short harness that slips over the seat belt so dog can still move around on the seat but cannot jump inside the car. Plenty on eBay/Pet stores etc.

·
24,826 Posts
You can buy a short harness that slips over the seat belt...............
I've read a few stories in UK where insurance companies have argued about pay outs...in part or even full... if a dog is unsecured in the car... don't know the truth on them but would not be surprised.
Also bear in mind that as he gets bigger and heavier, he would be a live and heavy missile in the car should you have a crash....would do neither him or anyone else any good.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,218
Oh well could see it coming..Rhondda cynon Taff will be in lock down as of tomorrow..that will be my daughter son in law and 4 grandchildren ..wife and I are really worried as you can under stand..bl00dy assembly aint got a clue what they are doing..

·
24,826 Posts
Oh well could see it coming..Rhondda cynon Taff will be in lock down as of tomorrow..
We're already there in Birmingham...no home visits.
Which I am assuming ATM will include Troublesome not being able to come back at weekends.
But waiting on her care home to make final decision.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,220
We're already there in Birmingham...no home visits.
Which I am assuming ATM will include Troublesome not being able to come back at weekends.
But waiting on her care home to make final decision.
Saw it on the news last night about Brum and stoke is bad as well..blame Our kid in stoke him and his Russian ladies have a lot to answer for..

13201 - 13220 of 13307 Posts