Independent Renault Forums banner

13221 - 13240 of 13307 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I'm in East Dunbartonshire, near Glasgow, and we are back in lockdown with no hosting or visiting other households, no parties or indoor gatherings (!), no hospital or care home visiting. Pubs and restaurants are still open though (?), as are gyms, swimming pools, schools and nurseries.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,222
I Pubs and restaurants are still open though (?), as are gyms, swimming pools, schools and nurseries.
And thats what makes me mad..how can anyone hope to contain Covid when this is happening..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,619 Posts
And thats what makes me mad..how can anyone hope to contain Covid when this is happening..
It would appear that businesses can be trusted to apply safe rules but the public can't.

Reactions: Phil48

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,224
It would appear that businesses can be trusted to apply safe rules but the public can't.
And this is the crux of the problem..assholes everywhere and as long as it goes on so will Covid..

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Businesses can't be trusted either - my pal is back at work, sitting side by side at computers, no special care being taken and just one can of hand sanitiser in reception. Glad I'm retired.

I had breakfast in Tim Hortons yesterday - nobody asked for my 'track and trace' contact details. And..... they were out of ketchup!! :LOL:

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,226
I had breakfast in Tim Hortons yesterday - nobody asked for my 'track and trace' contact details. And..... they were out of ketchup!! :LOL:
WTF !!! out of Ketchup..

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,227
I bet she gets a slap on the wrists and walks..

Ex-SNP MP Natalie McGarry appears in court charged with embezzling £25,000

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Another moan for today - the kids in the house across the road from me have got new coloured chalks and have covered the street and the front of their house in squiggly lines and coloured in bricks.

Bloody junior vandals, and it's me that's got to look at it!! :mad:

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,230
Nothing today really, but just the other day some crazy lady almost attacked me in the park.
Was she hot..next time you see her get her moby number and pass it on.. 🤪

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Just read that there is a petition to rename a school in Edinburgh - the founder of the school made his money in tobacco, so there are links to slavery, although no proof that he himself was involved - another effort to rewrite our history.

And the few hundred who have signed the petition, and who will probably win, want to name it after Malala Yousafzai, hardly part of our British story.

I'm becoming a real grumpy old bugger!!

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,232
Just read that there is a petition to rename a school in Edinburgh - the founder of the school made his money in tobacco, so there are links to slavery, although no proof that he himself was involved - another effort to rewrite our history.

And the few hundred who have signed the petition, and who will probably win, want to name it after Malala Yousafzai, hardly part of our British story.

I'm becoming a real grumpy old bugger!!
Grumpy is the new happy..now you know..dont fight it..😎

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,692 Posts
Just let our dog out last night 11.30 bleedin fireworks and loud music wtf!

Found out later that it was a sodding wedding! Booked in to our local country pub but get this from Bloody Bolton, appears that due to the virus they couldn't have the amount of guest's inBolton, but could kindly infect our local pub!

Pub owners in my estimation were out of order by taking that booking, money grabbing at our health risk!!

mad.gif mad.gif
madder.gif
madder.gif

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,234
Just let our dog out last night 11.30 bleedin fireworks and loud music wtf!

Found out later that it was a sodding wedding! Booked in to our local country pub but get this from Bloody Bolton, appears that due to the virus they couldn't have the amount of guest's inBolton, but could kindly infect our local pub!

Pub owners in my estimation were out of order by taking that booking, money grabbing at our health risk!!

View attachment 186281 View attachment 186281 View attachment 186281 View attachment 186282 View attachment 186282 View attachment 186282
😱😱😱😡

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
It's that creative thinking to find loopholes that is partly driving the infection rates.
Along with people not bothering, many, especially amongst the young saying it's all a farce/conspiracy/myth so feck it.
Family groups saying we're okay so sod the rules we can still visit.
Those who should be isolating after their holidays or a contact not bothering.
And of course the media driving panic, confusion and taking delight in highlighting any and all issues or **** ups from on high.
Feck 'em all.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,238
Agree whole heartedly with Dd and Rw..Uk has gone to the dogs..if we do have another war the feckers will run a mile and take up residency if Scotland gets independence.. 😎

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,514 Posts
a very wise man once told me that we are always 3 meals from Anarchy, if the human psyche cannot see 3 meals in front of them, then it goes into panic hunter gathering mode, if everyone does it then Anarchy ensues, I agee wholeheartedly with @Renoir White, a majority of todays population have got a distinct lack of moral fibre and would be winners of the Darwin Awards when they decide to not follow the rules in really hard times and end up getting shot for it.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,646 Posts
Agree whole heartedly with Dd and Rw..Uk has gone to the dogs..if we do have another war the feckers will run a mile and take up residency if Scotland gets independence..
Sod Scotland, we’re camping on your lawn and the campfire will be under your window
Plenty of brollies too, your grass will be knackered mate, but it’ll stop anyone from throwing dubious fluids from upstairs.
Keep the WiFi open or baggy will be doctoring your tv coax...

13221 - 13240 of 13307 Posts