Independent Renault Forums banner

13301 - 13320 of 13358 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I am executor of my cousins will, not a beneficiary, just executor, and it's taken over a year to resolve his estate. Yesterday, the solicitor informed me that the care home he was in have just issued a bill for outstanding fees.

Apparently, if the beneficiaries of the will don't settle this, and they are a difficult bunch, the care home will come after me for payment.

Bugger. :mad:

·
Super mod..
28,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,302
I am executor of my cousins will, not a beneficiary, just executor, and it's taken over a year to resolve his estate. Yesterday, the solicitor informed me that the care home he was in have just issued a bill for outstanding fees.

Apparently, if the beneficiaries of the will don't settle this, and they are a difficult bunch, the care home will come after me for payment.

Fun isnt it.. sister and I have been dealing with my late fathers since 1991..having a baggage of a step mother doesn't help..we are both executors and beneficiaries but feel it will be my kids that benefit not I.. relations are not good with her and her kids that deal with her side when a dispute turns up and there have been a few of those I can tell you..to tell the truth if I had the choice when he wrote his will I would have asked to be excluded..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,016 Posts
Phone calls
Over an hour on phone to Samsung this morning re TV problems
41 minutes and counting on hold to PIP at the moment.
Reet grumpy.

·
Super mod..
28,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,304
Having a confused. com moment.. taps have come with copper tails but want to fit flexi ones.. 12mm spanner fits the nut on the copper tails but not sure what the thread size is for them..is it 10mm or 12mm..head going round in circles..

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,046 Posts
Bodger n whisky on it's way, sorted! (y) (y)

·
25,016 Posts
Having a confused. com moment.. taps have come with copper tails but want to fit flexi ones.. 12mm spanner fits the nut on the copper tails but not sure what the thread size is for them..is it 10mm or 12mm..head going round in circles..

View attachment 186569
M8 or M10 is likely, pull one out an measure it.

·
Super mod..
28,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,307
M8 or M10 is likely, pull one out an measure it.
External dia of thread on the copper tail is a tad under 12mm but I think thats normal..hate days like this when my eyes are a little jizzy because of the cysts playing up

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
"NHS Tracing"

"Please download the NHS COVID-19 app from the App store / Google Play ..."

. . . "Failed your OS needs to be 13.xx .or higher .."

Sorry not buying a new iPhone just for that so they can [email protected] orff ... :mad:

How about enabling it to run on earlier OS? Or is that too difficult?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
"Please download the NHS COVID-19 app from the App store / Google Play ..."
Had the same problem, my older phone doesn't work with the app, and it can't read the VR codes that restaurants and bars are displaying to save them writing down your details!!

You certainly get a funny look when you ask them to write down your details, then they hand you a pen everybody else has been using to write it out yourself.

Doh. 🥴

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Yes! Indeed! Yes I'm sure this was "triggered" by me going into a cafe last Tuesday afternoon ...

·
Super mod..
28,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,311
Had the same problem, my older phone doesn't work with the app, and it can't read the VR codes that restaurants and bars are displaying to save them writing down your details!!

You certainly get a funny look when you ask them to write down your details, then they hand you a pen everybody else has been using to write it out yourself.

Doh. 🥴
Cash points..no one wearing gloves everyone pushing the buttons so when I go I take some dettol wipes and carefully swish over all of the buttons.. then use a pencil to do the deed..no way would I touch them.. you have to be mad if you do..

·
25,016 Posts
Cash points..no one wearing gloves everyone pushing the buttons.....
I take my alcohol spray with me everywhere I go..... touch screen...sanitise my finger, before and after.
I think my Iphone 6 has IO13 running...but not sure, not looking and not bovvered.
Half the time I haven't got my phone with me and the other half I am at home.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
You need one of these - a hands free button presser!!

My daughter gave us one in the early days of lockdown - we couldn't work out what all the parts were for at first, but this picture explains it all.

hands free button presser.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Hi

don't use cash machines for this reason, I just get cash back on my shopping at the supermarket. Although the Supermarkets clean their card machines regularly I wear disposable gloves when in store so after getting back to the car & un loading the shopping return the trolley and dispose of gloves in the bin on the way back to the car.
My car also has keyless entry so key card remains in my pocket at all times when out.

Al

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts

Hi

not sure how they are doing this, when my MIL was in a care home fees were paid month in advance, hence when she passed no fees were os. Did not however get a refund for the rest of the month as per the contract terms.

Still took 2 and a half years to complete probate due to other family contesting will etc.

all these worries on top of grieving take there toll, especially at this time.

Al

·
25,016 Posts
The annual hunt the draught game.
'ErIndoors moans there is a draught.
Then I have to track it down and seal it.
Only to be told her feet are still cold and there must be another one...and another...and another.
She is also wrapped up with thick slippers, socks, leggings and trousers and about 3 jumpers while I am wondering about barefoot in jeans and a tee shirt.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,046 Posts
You know this is what started the Egyptians off!

It's called mummification!! (y)

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
The annual hunt the draught game.
'ErIndoors moans there is a draught.
Then I have to track it down and seal it.
Only to be told her feet are still cold and there must be another one...and another...and another.
She is also wrapped up with thick slippers, socks, leggings and trousers and about 3 jumpers while I am wondering about barefoot in jeans and a tee shirt.
Put the heating on ya skin flint!! :D

·
Super mod..
28,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,320
Get the same with my other half who always feels the cold..while I am sweating buckets upstairs in my room.. I try to explain that if you move around a little more instead of being on facebook you might feel warmer..and as it transpired that after the food delivery this morning she did and started taking some of her clothes off.. just my bleedin luck she starts stripping off and there is me stuck up here. .now with a heat bag in my back..lol

Sods law..

13301 - 13320 of 13358 Posts