Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,322
I suffer from the cold now
Heating never gets turned off
Will be tucked if I am going to be cold, work in it, thats enough
Aint you got Garage heating.. all good garages have proper heating ya cheapskate.. ;)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
A few years back the company I was with designed some 'Eco' homes, which had open plan living areas with warm recovered heat released into this space - many, many, many residents complained this warm air was a draught.

We still got an Eco Award though!!! ;)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,219 Posts
Aint you got Garage heating.. all good garages have proper heating ya cheapskate.. ;)

Dont always work in a garage
There is a heater , its oil fired, 3 ft diameter
But only any good while the doors are shut, it just takes the chill off for first half a hour

Am only there at the moment as the owner is looking after his mum

Most garages are colder than outside

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,325
Can remember the garage nextdoor to my wifes parents.. was glad to open the door it was boiling in there .. lol

shut that door.. 😁

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,122 Posts
Most garages are colder than outside
Thought it was just me.
A good way back the local vin/vet crowd sent me to a guy in the mountains for major Moggy surgery. Paddy had handbuilt cars before the war, pressing panels as they went and keeping track of the 3/32 that the left side of the car was ahead of the right.
Anyway he had one of those heaters quite common around the war. Two oil barrels on their side stacked on top with interconnecting pipes and various cutouts for technical reasons. The lower was filled with a sawdust wasteoil mix. Paddy said the thing was good for days and the heat out of the thing was mighty.

·
42,219 Posts
Used to wear padded boiler suits

Was welding a car, and set the boiler suit on fire..

Quickly put them in the bin

Now I wear thermals when the weather drops..

Which is about 9 months of the year now

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,329
Used to wear padded boiler suits

Was welding a car, and set the boiler suit on fire..

Quickly put them in the bin

Now I wear thermals when the weather drops..

Which is about 9 months of the year now
Welding and fire.. will always be a problem I used to walk around permanently smouldering and not just because the wimin thought I was hot.. 😂

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
What he said, seems to good to be true, probably is. The real danger is bona fide suppliers can get given fakes too. It's also a problem in the electronics industry and has been for a while. :(

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,334
The real danger is bona fide suppliers can get given fakes too.
And more so when some have a direct link to china and have some of their well known brands made there.. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Bloke at work for some reason was getting a bit shirty with me. Walked up to me with clenched fist....didn't bat an eyelid as I told him not to. Thought he'd try the "in the carpark" line, still didn't bite which brought him back for a third attempt. ...he could at least apologise or if I'm feeling really mean push it up the ladder and we have a zero approach to this type of thing which means he'll be on his way.

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
287 Posts
perscribed for a pill for chronic sinusitis which went bad with flu. I took 2 until now but after seeing the side effects, will drop it: (these are just few from many)

-mental disorders - symptoms of mania, schizophrenia or delirium, affect 15-50% of patients and depend on the dose, most often appear in people using 40 mg of the drug per day and within 2 weeks of starting treatment
-reduced carbohydrate tolerance
-disclosure of diabetes,
-hyperglycemia
-seizures
-peptic ulcers
-perforation of the large or small intestine
-inflammation of the pancreas
-decrease in muscle mass
-hypertension
-congestive heart failure

list goes on and on, how the hell can this be perscribed to someone :)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Doctors will pop out prescriptions for almost anything without thought for the consequences, just to get you out of the surgery - my wife was prescribed anti-inflammatories for muscle pain and they have wrecked her digestive system. She now has frequent stomach troubles, gullet pain, acid reflux and can't lie down to sleep.

That doctor ? Life ruining b*st*rd.

·
42,219 Posts
perscribed for a pill for chronic sinusitis which went bad with flu. I took 2 until now but after seeing the side effects, will drop it: (these are just few from many)

-mental disorders - symptoms of mania, schizophrenia or delirium, affect 15-50% of patients and depend on the dose, most often appear in people using 40 mg of the drug per day and within 2 weeks of starting treatment
-reduced carbohydrate tolerance
-disclosure of diabetes,
-hyperglycemia
-seizures
-peptic ulcers
-perforation of the large or small intestine
-inflammation of the pancreas
-decrease in muscle mass
-hypertension
-congestive heart failure

list goes on and on, how the hell can this be perscribed to someone :)
Sure all those symptoms are not from being on this Forum

Reactions: Dancingdad
13321 - 13340 of 13358 Posts