Independent Renault Forums banner

13381 - 13400 of 13470 Posts

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,382
Crafty little edit buddy

Gayle’s rear plate is on the tailgate too.
Front ones on the bumper though
Something that popped into my head after my post..was making dinner and taking her in doors swift for a spin so not around..

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
took SWMBO shopping into Bristol today, got into M&S glasses fogged up took off to clean and one of the side arms came off, screw missing. We had a look on the floor but no sign of it. With us going into lock down and not able to get to optician's before then I'm stuck with either using these with only one arm or finding an old pair with lenses from a few years back.

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,384
took SWMBO shopping into Bristol today, got into M&S glasses fogged up took off to clean and one of the side arms came off, screw missing. We had a look on the floor but no sign of it. With us going into lock down and not able to get to optician's before then I'm stuck with either using these with only one arm or finding an old pair with lenses from a few years back.
Biind them up and you will look like Jack Duckworth from corrie..that goes back a bit..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,447 Posts
Screw from an old pair may fit.... but the bu55ers do use differing sizes so no guarantees.
If you cannot get to an optician summat like this?
I have sorted a temp repair to hold an arm in place with a paperclip BTW.
Not elegant, bit floppy and loose but does keep the bits together.

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,388
Bought a pair of readers on ebay yesterday..£3.99 2.5 magnification. I have to wear sunglasses readers now to look at the PC monitor.. old pair snapped while cleaning the lenses..bought those from the pound shop..lasted 9 months..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,675 Posts
sorted for now, piece of fuse wire doubled up & threaded through the hole.

thanks for the other ideas.

Al

Loads of these kits on eBay, will last you forever Al.
Practical inheritance gift to the kids later buddy

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,636 Posts
Bought a pair of readers on ebay yesterday..£3.99 2.5 magnification. I have to wear sunglasses readers now to look at the PC monitor.. old pair snapped while cleaning the lenses..bought those from the pound shop..lasted 9 months..
Why don't you just turn the bleedin brightness down? Stupid Boyo! 👍😁

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,394
Why don't you just turn the bleedin brightness down? Stupid Boyo! 👍😁
Got it as low as possible ..cant go any lower ..its the cysts in the corners of both eyes..burns like hell both of them..

·
24,636 Posts
Have you tried "Dark Mode" in settings?

Three dots * top right "site navigation"

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,396
Have you tried "Dark Mode" in settings?

Three dots * top right "site navigation"
Using dark mode Frank..wouldnt be on here if I didnt..lots of puss tonight eye lids are filling up..back and forth the bathroom all day cleaning it away with cotton buds..no peace for the wicked..

·
24,636 Posts
Sorry to hear about your eyes Phil nothing worse than sore eyes, have it myself to a degree during the summer months due to hay fever, used to have it really bad when younger but growing out of it now thankfully!

Sounds like you have a form of conjunctivitis which I also suffer from, not nice whatever it is😠😪

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,398
Had it for around 5 years now buddy..was a massive queue for treatment the last time I inquired..3 year waiting list..just take it as it comes got no other choice..no point in moaning about it..some people have far worse problems..many are deing with this pandemic..have to count our blessing for what we have....cysts Frank not conjunctivitis

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Had it for around 5 years now buddy..was a massive queue for treatment the last time I inquired..3 year waiting list..just take it as it comes got no other choice..no point in moaning about it..some people have far worse problems..many are deing with this pandemic..have to count our blessing for what we have....
Too too true, lots worse off at the moment !

Al

13381 - 13400 of 13470 Posts