Independent Renault Forums banner

13401 - 13420 of 13470 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,447 Posts
Still no working phone line. Sixth day now.
Look on the bright side, at least you are not getting calls from Microsoft telling you that you have a fault with your computer.
Or like one I had yesterday supposedly from my bank saying that they needed to confirm a 700 quid transaction so they could authorise it....... I'm not sure that feck orfe was the response they expected.

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,402
Or like one I had yesterday supposedly from my bank saying that they needed to confirm a 700 quid transaction so they could authorise it....... I'm not sure that feck orfe was the response they expected.
Was it £700 I meant to make that £800.. must try harder next time.. 😄

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Look on the bright side, at least you are not getting calls from Microsoft telling you that you have a fault with your computer.
Or like one I had yesterday ...
That is true. but I do miss those 001xxx ones from abroad ... :giggle: No that's why I got a call blocking phone, 'course it ain't been logging nuffink lately .....

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,675 Posts
BBC and Sky News are awash with stuff about the elections in USA, and have so many UK presenters and camera crews in various towns and cities over there, despite all the travel restrictions and risks of infection...... and yet I can't go to Perth to see a Campervan!!

It's so bl**dy annoying. :mad:
That’s the worst excuse I’ve heard yet for swanning off to Australia. Campervan my ar5e!!

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Someone trashed the cat flap (I wasn't at home) putting a package through it, it was "locked" (the little red knob thing - I don't want next door's getting in! Or any other critters!), looks like it was kicked in! OK so I was going to get rid of it anyway but looks like I'm forced to now. Will look for a metal plate to replace it with tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
When you rely on others to do a simple job I can't twist the forks on the forklift past horizontal ffs. Each of the bottom 6 weigh 300+ to 500+kg. Common sense says DO NOT LEAVE SPACE FOR EM TO MOVE.

I feel better now, spiced rum has that effect I find :)

·
25,447 Posts
Just got an email from ASDA advising how they are making things safer for us when shopping..... included is this gem...
We are applying a protective antibacterial coating to over 200,000 trolley and basket handles to prevent the spread of bacteria. The same coating is successfully used to kill bacteria in the NHS Nightingale Excel Hospital.
Sounds good but I ain't worried about bacteria...how about some anti-viral?
And is why I carry and use my own little spray bottle of 70% IPA alcohol rather then any sanitiser on offer......
And I can always have a drink if I feel the need.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,676 Posts
And is why I carry and use my own little spray bottle of 70% IPA alcohol rather then any sanitiser on offer......
And I can always have a drink if I feel the need.
They get fed up with me tipping a whole can of Greene King IPA over the trolleys but it is only 4.5% after all.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I was on the Scottish Government website just now, checking Covid restrictions and noticed a local authority area called 'Comhairle nan Eilean Siar'.

In Scotland, only 1.7% of the population speak Gaelic, so I had to look it up and found out it's the Outer Hebrides Council, based in Stornoway. Not the best way for Government to inform the general public, if you ask me..... maybe I'll have a trip there and if challenged for going outside my Covid restricted area, I can say I hadn't a clue where I was!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,414
I just viewed what the Welsh gov has posted.. This lot cant tell their arses from their elbows and clearly aint got a bleedin clue..just been locked down and they think that covid by some magical act has gone away..they need locking up the lot of them.

Business as usual they are basically saying..

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,311 Posts
I've just been on the Irish gov website.
We're joining the EU traffic light system for foreign travel.
You won't need to quarantine if you fly in from a green country.
There is at this time only one country on the green list........
Greenland of course what else.
No fooling us.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Well, that's it, my local area and 10 others in Central Scotland are going into Tier 4 on Friday. That's total lockdown again, so pubs, cafe's, restaurants, non-essential shops, leisure etc., must close and we are to stay at home unless travel is absolutely essential.

I live in a smallish village surrounded by open countryside - only 4,011 residents, 7 positive cases recorded this week - but we are close to Glasgow.

Ach well, I'm retired so what else have I got to do!! 😷

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,418
Ach well, I'm retired so what else have I got to do!! 😷
Get out the draught ..tiddly winks and monopoly and enjoy.. or find yasel a bit of spare.. 🤐

·
25,447 Posts
Got to go and have a bloody covid test !!!!
Common DIL had her school bubble closed on Monday due to the teacher and assistant testing positive.
Now Common has had a positive returned.
And 'ErIndoors is insistiing.....FFS, even if we test positive we aint seeing anyone anyway and it's not as though we can do anything but cross fingers and hope for the best.
Got to go stuff a swab up my nose at 5pm!

13401 - 13420 of 13470 Posts