Independent Renault Forums banner

13421 - 13440 of 13470 Posts

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,421
Got to go and have a bloody covid test !!!!
Common DIL had her school bubble closed on Monday due to the teacher and assistant testing positive.
Now Common has had a positive returned.
And 'ErIndoors is insistiing.....FFS, even if we test positive we aint seeing anyone anyway and it's not as though we can do anything but cross fingers and hope for the best.
Got to go stuff a swab up my nose at 5pm!
Well thats you done..off you and not allowed in mods back room until clear..

PS.. where is yer stash of chocolate biscuits and booze..asking for a friend..

Stay safe buddy it will all come out in the wash..:)

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,639 Posts
Phil said you looked like that a while back, didn't believe him ! But Phil was right !!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,447 Posts
Well, there was a new experience.
All very well organised and relatively painless.
Now let's see what comes back.

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,427
Well, there was a new experience.
All very well organised and relatively painless.
Now let's see what comes back.
You mean they managed to retrieve the swab in one piece 😲

·
25,447 Posts
You mean they managed to retrieve the swab in one piece 😲
'Er Indoors was not too happy about sticking a swab down her throat and then the same one up her nose.
I was happy it wasn't the other way round.

All DIY, which suits me better then someone else stuffing a swab up my nose.

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Renault forums very slow to load, what's broken now?

In fact I'm off to other forums that aren't broken that's how annoying it is

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Then all of a sudden, it starts behaving itself. (?)

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Captains log week 6 of bathroom refit. It's not coming together quick enough apparently, so mrs wanted a plan. I told her only getting one day a week isnt great and she refused to pay for a workman. She told me to contact the plumber so I said he's your brother you do it. Seems he told her the same I told her. Now she's found a cheap toilet soil pipe cheap locally. Looks about 3inches too small in diameter. No matter what I say he's advertised it as a soil pipe and I'm wrong so I said just go collect it then knowing full well it won't fit as a soil pipe isn't threaded for our type of toilet......
It's out with the cider I think.

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,435
Worse thing in the world when 'Er Indoors gets interested in the technical bits.... she don't understand the difference between a thiggumyjig and a wotsit
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ditto..

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,311 Posts
Worse thing in the world when 'Er Indoors gets interested in the technical bits.... she don't understand the difference between a thiggumyjig and a wotsit
Wait until you get to the doofer and the goesinta or the round tuit

·
Super mod..
29,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,438
Son in law has been in touch..yesterday he has suffered with flat battery syndrome.. walked 1 mile there and 1 mile back home with a new battery..ECP online tells him new one is £60 and when he gets there its £90 ..sound like he has either got a duff alternator.. broken belt .. said work is hectic at the mo so trying to sort this is going to be a pain.. now he is going to charge up the old one after buying a charger and try to recover the car after fitting the new one and then use the car hoping to find a garage who can fix it..if its just a belt then its not to hard a job but the whole air filter box will need to come out and an engine mount to change the belt.. alternators range from around £150 to over £300.. got that sinking feeling again that someone wallet is about to take another hit.. 😭 so alternator /broken belt or even parasitic drain..its going to be one hell of a long week..

·
25,447 Posts
Sure he didn't just leave a light on?
Mind you, depending on age of battery and use...loads of standing idle with lockdown.... duff battery is likely.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,676 Posts
Thank goodness I'm not alone...we all have wifeys who know the tech ins and outs
You have my sympathy too. The phrase I dread is "it's only a 10 minute job" which in reality is something more like 5 hours+

Reactions: LvR
13421 - 13440 of 13470 Posts