Independent Renault Forums banner

13501 - 13520 of 13558 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Scuttle drains. Washing seagull poo off the roof and windscreen got more complicated when I thought I'd check the drains, no, right side not very good. Everything off for a proper clear out. We have a load of trees out back and in the autumn we get tons of tiny 4-pointed seeds floating down, sometimes it's almost llke snow! So needed a good clearing out. Total pain but done now.

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Grumpy is not the word
Clucking livid is
This week has just pushed me over the edge
Again I’ve done a person a small job at my cost of buying the parts and expected to be paid for atleast the materials
It’s £20 here £30 there but no **** ever offers any money even though they know I’ve had to buy the material
They often say I’ll drop some beer of At yours or your mothers
Well I’m still clucking waiting for my beer you bunch of nutcs

The worst was at the start of the year when I got a phone call at 8.30 on a Sunday morning from a mate who lives over an hour and a half from me
Asking me to look at his neighbours electrics As they keep tripping and nobody can fix it ,
I was just about to leave with my wife to meet friends at Doune hill climb for a day out racing
He said it would only take an hour so of I went and had a look
Turns out the local spark had been at it for a week and then suddenly developed a broken leg so left them in the lurch
It took me 8 hours to find a combination and a ton of Earth faults from shady wiring like twin and Earth just run through a gravel drive with no protection around the cable etc etc etc they all added up and would trip the rcd but with any one of them turned off it would be ok but with all circuits on it would at up on Earth leakage and trip the main rcd
So after 8 hours I managed to sort out many faults including hard to find neutral to Earth faults
He said he would get me back the following week to sort the driveway cable and dig in a pipe for the cable protection and sort me out then
Well mid week he text to say thanks but he didn’t need me back as he wasn’t wanting the drive lights sorted
do did I see a payment or a bottle of whiskey did I FCBC not even a thing
But What’s pushed me over today is that I done a small job at £15 for materials and they know I had to buy the stuff
They didn’t even ask how much but said I’ll drop some beer off at your door , well that’s now 7 days ago and no beer
I’ve had enough of being nice and feel like screaming
Have a good Christmas and new year guys and girls
And I’m off to open a bottle of my wife’s Rosie wine and try and chill as it’s the only thing in the house
Because these cnuts haven’t brought any beer yet
Looks like I’ll need to buy my own in the morning

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,386 Posts
Got out the superglue to fix some of the wife's kitchen plasticware. Had a bit of an accident with the tube. Good job I had put newspaper on the (new) dining table first. Must've spilt more than I thought as the newspaper is now stuck hard to the table. Some superglues are very selective at sticking all the stuff it's not supposed to (skin etc) and leaving alone the bits they are intended for. Missus not happy. Let's hope the warm water works, even if slowly. The table lacquer won't like being scraped.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,823 Posts
Nail polish remover softens it enough to remove it
And may well do the same to the lacquer.... depends on the lacquer.
Nail polish remover is acetone with a few extras and acetone loves melting synthetics.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
Got out the superglue to fix some of the wife's kitchen plasticware. Had a bit of an accident with the tube. Good job I had put newspaper on the (new) dining table first. Must've spilt more than I thought as the newspaper is now stuck hard to the table. Some superglues are very selective at sticking all the stuff it's not supposed to (skin etc) and leaving alone the bits they are intended for. Missus not happy. Let's hope the warm water works, even if slowly. The table lacquer won't like being scraped.
[/QUOTE]

Try Hand sanitiser first before you go on acetone

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Next time use more sheets of newspaper! 😁

Reactions: twodogs

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
25,138 Posts
Grumpy is not the word
Clucking livid is
This week has just pushed me over the edge
Again I’ve done a person a small job at my cost of buying the parts and expected to be paid for atleast the materials
It’s £20 here £30 there but no **** ever offers any money even though they know I’ve had to buy the material
They often say I’ll drop some beer of At yours or your mothers
Well I’m still clucking waiting for my beer you bunch of nutcs

The worst was at the start of the year when I got a phone call at 8.30 on a Sunday morning from a mate who lives over an hour and a half from me
Asking me to look at his neighbours electrics As they keep tripping and nobody can fix it ,
I was just about to leave with my wife to meet friends at Doune hill climb for a day out racing
He said it would only take an hour so of I went and had a look
Turns out the local spark had been at it for a week and then suddenly developed a broken leg so left them in the lurch
It took me 8 hours to find a combination and a ton of Earth faults from shady wiring like twin and Earth just run through a gravel drive with no protection around the cable etc etc etc they all added up and would trip the rcd but with any one of them turned off it would be ok but with all circuits on it would at up on Earth leakage and trip the main rcd
So after 8 hours I managed to sort out many faults including hard to find neutral to Earth faults
He said he would get me back the following week to sort the driveway cable and dig in a pipe for the cable protection and sort me out then
Well mid week he text to say thanks but he didn’t need me back as he wasn’t wanting the drive lights sorted
do did I see a payment or a bottle of whiskey did I FCBC not even a thing
But What’s pushed me over today is that I done a small job at £15 for materials and they know I had to buy the stuff
They didn’t even ask how much but said I’ll drop some beer off at your door , well that’s now 7 days ago and no beer
I’ve had enough of being nice and feel like screaming
Have a good Christmas and new year guys and girls
And I’m off to open a bottle of my wife’s Rosie wine and try and chill as it’s the only thing in the house
Because these cnuts haven’t brought any beer yet
Looks like I’ll need to buy my own in the morning
Hi Shocker

Just the (sucker) person I'm looking for as I want my house completely rewiring by your competent self when finished to my complete satisfaction 👍 you will be fully rewarded by me with a full! 500 ml can of lager!! 😁👍

Let me know A.S.A.P as this offer is for a limited time only!👍

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
SNP have said they will vote against Brexit deal - that was always going to happen, no matter what.

They don't speak for me..... but I'm outnumbered!! :(

·
Premium Member
532 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,823 Posts
Bit difficult to give recoveries as no one knows how many actually have caught it.
Tested positive v deaths or hospital admissions v deaths is about the only yardstick

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
My mother's estate is owed £431 by my dad's old pension scheme, which included a widow's pension, held back due to some longwinded wrangling when they went into administration, shame it's 5 years too late. My mother's estate was all wound up and done 5 years ago.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,847 Posts
Not having a good week, went out to the Nissan last week battery that flat no ignition lights, RAC out battery goosed new battery fitted, today go out to Renault start engine no power steering ...cant find the fkn fuse to check it

Reactions: Mike H025

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Stupid freezer decided its used up all it refrigerant and the buzzer that is supposed to warn of the thing starting to defrost didn't work ................ caught it just in time ............... regassed .......... problem solved.

Still - why can the features I bought the stupid thing for not work properly 😕

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Just when I think government (Westminster and Holyrood) is overdoing the lockdown rules, I read about people driving from England to Wales for a bit of a walk, and even to Cairngorms in Scotland for some skiing..... and the resort is closed!!

13501 - 13520 of 13558 Posts