Independent Renault Forums banner

13521 - 13540 of 13558 Posts

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,847 Posts
Usually on this night I would be siting down to a meal in Obelix in the shard but tonight its chippy

Reactions: Mike H025

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,823 Posts
Grump 1
Needed to sign in on my phone.... forgot password....locked out.
Recovery email sent to a gmail address I never use, forgot that password as well.
Got there eventually but what a palaver.

Grump 2....
Youngest working from home (again) so having to set her computer and network connections up (again)

Grump 3
Youngest gets another parking ticket....Daaad...FFS she didn't even have to pay, just enter her reg number in a store that she uses regularly and knows that she has to....but forgot...... and now she wants me to sort it.

Grump 4
Enjoying a cookie and a crown falls off..... don't know if dentist is open or if I want to visit if they are!

Grump 5
Just a general grump cos it seems the day is against me!

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,526
Grump 1
Recovery email sent to a gmail address I never use, forgot that password as well.

Grump 2....
Youngest working from home (again) so having to set her computer and network connections up (again)

Grump 3
Youngest gets another parking ticket....Daaad...FFS she didn't even have to pay, just enter her reg number in a store that she uses regularly and knows that she has to....but forgot...... and now she wants me to sort it.

Grump 4
Enjoying a cookie and a crown falls off..... don't know if dentist is open or if I want to visit if they are!

Grump 5
Just a general grump cos it seems the day is against me!
The official Forest Grump..:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Apparently, we still have not seen or heard it all ....................

Ignorant dum.basses here have now taken to vandalizing/demolishing cellphone towers because the 5G technology is spreading the virus ............ about 6 buggered overnight. :mad:

·
25,823 Posts
Apparently, we still have not seen or heard it all ....................

Ignorant dum.basses here have now taken to vandalizing/demolishing cellphone towers because the 5G technology is spreading the virus ............ about 6 buggered overnight. :mad:
That tin hat theory got there then..... a biological virus riding the airwaves?

There is however a surefire method of protection for anyone who "believes".
They need to take their phone, wrap it in tin foil, place it on a solid, flat surface and give it a good smack with a heavy object..... that will keep them off TwitFace which is the actual culprit in spreading utter tripe.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
As Covid rules are tightened, this appeared in the news -

"Police forces have been criticised for heavy-handed attempts to enforce the rules by fining two women for driving to a beauty spot five miles from their homes for a walk and threatening to issue penalties to people throwing snowballs." :rolleyes:

Additional - I just read this about the two women who went for a walk - "One officer told her a hot drink she had brought with her was also against the guidelines – because it counted as a picnic." And this was after they had been read their rights..... 🤬

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,532
As Covid rules are tightened, this appeared in the news -

"Police forces have been criticised for heavy-handed attempts to enforce the rules by fining two women for driving to a beauty spot five miles from their homes for a walk and threatening to issue penalties to people throwing snowballs." :rolleyes:

Additional - I just read this about the two women who went for a walk - "One officer told her a hot drink she had brought with her was also against the guidelines – because it counted as a picnic." And this was after they had been read their rights..... 🤬

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Grump 1
This is why I have them written down.

But then the next problem is when my out-of-it cotton wool brain can't remember which PIN applies to what. If I use "secret code", can't then remember WTF the "code" means. :mad:

Sorry about the tooth! :eek:

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,386 Posts
Why do cars think they are smarter than we are. Was resetting my "service due" light last week and apparently there are TWO. One for oil changes (every 24months blah blah) and one for cabin filter (every 12months). To me this is crazy backwards. I still change my oil and filter ever year, especially on diesel engines. And why a cabin filter needs replacing twice as often as the oil is mad in my books. Can anyone point me towards an official Renault Captur service schedule? One that shows all service items and recommended intervals. Renault seem to treat maintenance data like state secrets nowadays.

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,537
Why do cars think they are smarter than we are. Was resetting my "service due" light last week and apparently there are TWO. One for oil changes (every 24months blah blah) and one for cabin filter (every 12months). To me this is crazy backwards. I still change my oil and filter ever year, especially on diesel engines. And why a cabin filter needs replacing twice as often as the oil is mad in my books. Can anyone point me towards an official Renault Captur service schedule? One that shows all service items and recommended intervals. Renault seem to treat maintenance data like state secrets nowadays.
Hi Martin.. this help

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,386 Posts
Thanks Phil. Useful but it shows a 6month/10k km service interval which includes oil change. That seems over the top and the cabin filter is on 18mth schedule. Both different from my service lights. Confused

·
25,823 Posts
Welcome to modern motoring 2D.....
At least the beasty is reminding to change the cabin filter.... many drivers don't even know one exists let alone that it should be changed.
TBH, I simply do what I feel is needed, as you it's yearly for me unless mileage dictates earlier and reset the intervals when I do.... no chance of mileage being an issue ATM, since last March I'm only on my third fill up on the Q car and still on the first for the Kia, not full tanks at the fill ups either.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,386 Posts
TBH, I simply do what I feel is needed, as you it's yearly for me unless mileage dictates earlier and reset the intervals when I do.... no chance of mileage being an issue ATM, since last March I'm only on my third fill up on the Q car and still on the first for the Kia, not full tanks at the fill ups either.
I'm with you there DD. It's just that I reset my service indicator when I did the oil change, then it came back on again. That's when I found out I had reset the wrong indicator. I need to keep some sort of formal record of what I do and when as I found out when I sold the Scenic. With all service records only on Renault's computers here, buyers of second hand cars usually refer to them. They still turn up their noses at my own efforts, as most people here use the main dealers to service their cars. I think that is because they are on some sort of finance agreement most of the time. Plus my Captur is still under warranty which I have probably negated already.

13521 - 13540 of 13558 Posts