Independent Renault Forums banner

13541 - 13558 of 13558 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Out of curiosity, I looked through my diary for 2020 - we only used the Clio 150 days out of 365, and did a fraction of our usual (already low 9,000ish) mileage. Hopefully that'll put off the service light coming on!! We've only used it 3 days so far this year.

I couldn't get a detailed service schedule or even a clear answer on servicing the Mk4 Clio - the first year turned out to be just a look around and the cabin filter, second year was the first oil change service (it was pre-registered so may have had an oil change before I bought it..... or not).

I now go by the service light, as I did on our previous three 1.2/4-cylinder Clio's, which comes on at around the suggested 18,000 miles service interval, which turns out to be around 2 years. Never had a problem..... so far......

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,823 Posts
I now go by the service light, as I did on our previous three 1.2/4-cylinder Clio's, which comes on at around the suggested 18,000 miles service interval, which turns out to be around 2 years. Never had a problem..... so far......
Though it may be me being old fashioned and living in the past, 18K between oil and filter changes makes me shudder, especially with the size of the teeny weeny lickle filters that seem to be used these days.
Mine and the family motors (Which I do the changes on) are done yearly though for me at least, that could be a 3K change on the Q car, none, even in normal times get above around 10K.
The old oil never looks new but at the same time, it is far better then some cars and oil I've changed in the past at far lower intervals.

·
25,823 Posts
Car insurance time again!
Renewal after a little discussion 40 quid less then last year so I suppose that warrants a smile.
But still gripes that I have to pay over 200 notes to click and collect at Tesco once a week!

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,546
Definite signs that old age has well and truly set in.. all down hill from now on..

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Loadshedding (blackouts) ........... currently at 5 hours per day with just announced outlook of having to go to 7.5 hours per day

FFS ☠ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
Ouch

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,550
Loadshedding (blackouts) ........... currently at 5 hours per day with just announced outlook of having to go to 7.5 hours per day

FFS ☠ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Wouldn't it be better to use a generator than put up with this.. must be a right pain in the ass trying to run a business without power..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
No fuel to run the genny

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to use a generator than put up with this.. must be a right pain in the ass trying to run a business without power..
O I have a generator with stored fuel no problem - I also run the first 4 hours off an inverter with a bunch of batteries.

Fuel to run the genny - no problem - per kWh cost is about 4 to 5 X though

Issue is the whole friggin country is effectively turned into a useless bunch of lairs all saying due to load-shedding nothing can be done on schedule or as arranged ..................... and because dumbasses steal the batteries and solar equipment from cell towers the whole communication infrastructure grinds to a halt

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Suppose buying a Tesla is out of the question then buddy
I don't think anybody buying Tesla or any other electricity only powered vehicle is being realistic just yet..............but that's just me - around here the first time its abandoned juiceless your batteries will be stolen and the body sold for scrap metal

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
25,138 Posts
My Grump is about the virus, got 5 locations local, told to wait for a letter to make an appointment, letter arrives, the nearest center 9 miles away! Other locations offered, Birmingham!, Wolverhampton, Telford, bloody ridiculous! So booked at Macclesfield 9 miles away, but 27th April, that was yesterday.

Today phone rings from my local health Centre booking the 2 of us next Friday! Sorted👍

Couldn't run a pi$$ up in a brewery !😠😠😠

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,555
My Grump is about the virus, got 5 locations local, told to wait for a letter to make an appointment, letter arrives, the nearest center 9 miles away! Other locations offered, Birmingham!, Wolverhampton, Telford, bloody ridiculous! So booked at Macclesfield 9 miles away, but 27th April, that was yesterday.

Today phone rings from my local health Centre booking the 2 of us next Friday! Sorted👍

Couldn't run a pi$$ up in a brewery !😠😠😠
Good news Frank your getting it done..we had a letter and it looks like it's the middle of Feb for us.. from what I have read it takes 3 weeks to kick in and then you need a second one later on..12 weeks I think.. see on social media this morning that it might only be affective for a period of 5 months tho.. dont know if thats fact or fake news..

·
25,823 Posts
see on social media this morning that it might only be affective for a period of 5 months tho.. dont know if thats fact or fake news..
It's typical TwitFace news, half a story and that not what the real story is.

Scientists have confirmed from a study of NHS staff that those who have had the virus have continuing immunity and to date, that has lasted at least 5 months.
No one is sure on the vaccine yet, a lot depends on how long the generated antibodies last and whether the virus mutates enough to dodge the antibodies.
It may be that covid vax will become a yearly thing like the flu jab and may be that it is a once only similar to other vaccines.

·
Super mod..
29,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,557
It's typical TwitFace news, half a story and that not what the real story is.

Scientists have confirmed from a study of NHS staff that those who have had the virus have continuing immunity and to date, that has lasted at least 5 months.
No one is sure on the vaccine yet, a lot depends on how long the generated antibodies last and whether the virus mutates enough to dodge the antibodies.
It may be that covid vax will become a yearly thing like the flu jab and may be that it is a once only similar to other vaccines.
Feeling quite a daunting prospect now I can tell you.. nothing but bad news as far as I can see..:confused:

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
25,138 Posts
Good news Frank your getting it done..we had a letter and it looks like it's the middle of Feb for us.. from what I have read it takes 3 weeks to kick in and then you need a second one later on..12 weeks I think.. see on social media this morning that it might only be affective for a period of 5 months tho.. dont know if thats fact or fake news..
Apparently, my local health center phoned us on the 6th Jan but didn't leave a message, if they had we could have been vaccinated by now!!!
animated-sad-image-0010.gif

13541 - 13558 of 13558 Posts