Independent Renault Forums banner

9241 - 9251 of 9251 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
The idiot who wrote a review on Amazon saying he won't watch black and white films, because they're black and white. Actually walked out the cinema and complained to the manager when this new one came on, and it transpired it was going to be black and white all through. Bye then. Tw4t. Your loss if you missed a good film.

Oh but he did say he will watch old films but only after they've been colourised. FFS...

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
We have a toy floating around in a heater box, got me smiling.
A while back, the 90s, we had Triumph 2000s and Morris 1000s as daily drivers.
This MkII 2000 auto with 30k on it would cut out at speed for no reason and start again straightaway.
The local vin vet lot were chatting one day about pranks they would play as kids in the 70s. In particular putting large Ludo counters into Triumph 2000 fuel tanks. The fuel outlet is flush like a bathtub and every so often it got pulled down on it.
I thought, never, hardly. after all these years.
Out comes the tank and there it was, a large white counter. I wonder how much time and effort went into attempting to solve that one :)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,280 Posts
Not come across that one.
Similar was Wax Paper (the stuff that you got tools wrapped in) in the tank.
Would happily float until fuel level got low and then sucked onto the pick up.
Stop engine..restart no problem.... rinse and repeat.

One we were always wary of was cigarette paper between the points

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
A sabotage revenge solution for use on large industrial heating installations, introduce some ping pong balls into the system, moving blockages everywhere, different each time the system was restarted!!!
No actual physical damage done though.

:) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,019 Posts
Yeah, forgot Batty, this will send him apoplectic when he find out!!!

Maybe I should PM him :)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,477 Posts
we had it many times when fitting new hot water tanks always check inside as they used to put news paper inside you then fit it, everthing will work fine then later get a call hardly any water or none from the hot water tap , it took me hrs to find the problem the first time since then always looks inside the tank before you fit
a guy that worked in fords said they used to put nails/ bolts evan empty coke cans inside the doors it took dealers along time to work that out as customer used to bring the car back saying they had a rattle :) :mad:

9241 - 9251 of 9251 Posts