Independent Renault Forums banner

9321 - 9340 of 9364 Posts

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,321
Had my draper memory saver delivered today..had a new machine mart catalogue included in the package..1 hours of reading just wish I was 20 years younger..

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,326
Dunno.
What was we talking about?

View attachment 183210
Well us oldies [inc you ] need to charge our batteries now and again..so this helps us do that..one end plugs into the OBD2 port and the croc clips go on your ears lobs..pos to left and neg to right of your head..all you have to do then is start the engine on yer car and sit back and enjoy an electrifying experience..once recharged even you will have enough energy to chase the other half around the bedroom..will work quicker for you than me cos you are acid lead..I am ISG..irresistible sexy git..so takes longer..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,474 Posts
have you checked it works Phil, (I still have mine from over 20 years ago, this just plugs in the cigarette lighter,)

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,329
have you checked it works Phil, (I still have mine from over 20 years ago, this just plugs in the cigarette lighter,)
Only just had it give us a chance..bought it incase one of our batteries needs replacing..son's ix20 is acid lead and so is the wifes swift and mine is also and not using a AGM on mine either but lead acid on the venga as well..all I need is a 12v motorbike battery or cheap 12v car battery to plug onto and will get that delivered at the same time if any of ours fail on the cars...didnt fancy the powerpoint type but think I do have one knocking about somewhere

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
aye, the cheapness was because neither machine worked, or i should say, he thought neither machine worked.

allegedly the balancer was throwing error 12. being 12v i suspect he was running it on a flat battery, cos i cant find anything wrong with it!

and the fault with the fitter was that the assist arms would only go up, which was a misassembled air solenoid, and multiple air leaks, which took me about 30mins to sort. :)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,014 Posts
VPL's posting of the Yanks threatening to shoot down Iranian warships triggered a memory of a story from WW2, after the D Day landings.
Various battleships were positioned off the Normandy coast to provide artillery support to the troops on land.
This included HMS Rodney, a rather strange battleship but one that carried 9 x 16" guns, at the time the largest mounted on British ships.
They got a target call from spotters on land and dutifully fired off a 16" shell at the coordinates given, some 10 miles inland.
The idea was that one gun would get the range, corrections being called by the spotters and then the whole battery would drop a load of pain on the target, guaranteed to spoil the day of whatever was on the receiving end.
The shell landed, the spotters called in a range increase, another shell was lobbed.
And another and another, each time the range or bearing changing a little.
After a few rinse and repeats the gunnery officer asked the spotters what the 'ell they were firing at.....
A motorcycle despatch rider!
Poor sod must have thought they were lobbing jeeps at him.
For those not familiar with the ship.... actually quite a dry narrator and worth watching IMO....
This deals mainly with the sister ship HMS Nelson but gives the idea

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,474 Posts
Reporter on The BBC: ”Couldn't we put the human Guinea pigs in a room with someone with Covid-19”?
Scientist: (Who looked dumbfounded). This is what I think he was saying in his head: ”What (And I can't stress this enough) The Tuck... Did she just suggest attempted murder on live TV”?

9321 - 9340 of 9364 Posts