9541 - 9560 of 9646 Posts

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
23,692 Posts
So...... Bet yer watching it though (y) 😁😁

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
just had my house insurance renewal, renewal price & cover better than comparison sites
(done the Meerkat and Go Compare).

just got to check the small print but on face of it auto renewal is going to work out better.
Al

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin play an old actor and his agent in the Netflix comedy drama The Kominski Method. Last night Alan Arkin explained to Michael Douglas why he had been so long in the bathroom -

"I pee in morse code"

Made me laugh anyway!! It's an age thing...... :LOL:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
just got to check the small print but on face of it auto renewal is going to work out better.
Still phone them up.
Even if they are the most competitive with auto renew, I'll bet you can get another 10% discount

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,548
Still phone them up.
Even if they are the most competitive with auto renew, I'll bet you can get another 10% discount
I tried that with Aviva..didnt play ball..breakdown cover is double elsewhere compared to what they charge me..RAC.. so I did auto renew yesterday and saved a tenner on online renewal anyway..swings and roundabout..when you phone up Pete do you tell them I have 10 kids and two wives to support.. 😞 😉

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
well, I did ring them up, told them that youngest had moved out and wife now retired, result - £2 a month cheaper
Me - but .. I pay annually,
Them - OK sir .. shall we make that £25 less ?
Me - OK - send us the revised renewal info on e-mail .

Al

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
There ya go, 25 notes to spend on summat else, worth the phone call.
These days I just ask if there is anyting they can do cos I would prefer not to spend that much.
And give them a target.... I have this ambition for it to be less then.....
For some reason it works, really does help if you can have a laff with them as well, far better then moaning.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,551
Earlier I bought on ebay a 1 Ltr bottle of coolant..found a seller selling for £8 ish..then noticed a notice saying we did not put up all searched BLAH BLAH BLAH click here for all searches..found the same seller selling the same brand and size @ £3 less..never click on that before now but I will be from now on..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,633 Posts
i have noticed ebay dont show everything when i do a search . so i do the ebay search then do a google search you then find listings your ebay did not want you to see and sometimes much cheaper

·
6,633 Posts
just did the same i wanted a middle main frame for a phone cheapest ebay could come up with was £24 so a google search i found on ebay the same item for £14.99 what a difference and a bonus they are in northants so i could collect

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,554
So did a further 2 sales on ebay today..

Sump plug washers for the venga and Hyundai [same washers ]
Cant believe what some are selling these for [rip off artists ]
did a search for the ID..OD and thickness of the aluminium washer..blueprint want £2 a washer..bought a pack of 10 for £1.90 from another seller..got enough now for a life time.. 😁

Second buy was pipe insulation ..local D.I.Y's what silly money for 15mm insulation from £2 to £3.50 a meter..got 3 meters from ebay seller for £4.99..

·
6,633 Posts
you should be a tight git like me sump washers and injector washers always get reused simple method to make them as new ready to use in 5 minutes . rub with sand paper on a nice flat surface so its nice and flat again , then heat up untill it glows let it cool and its ready

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,557
you should be a tight git like me sump washers and injector washers always get reused simple method to make them as new ready to use in 5 minutes . rub with sand paper on a nice flat surface so its nice and flat again , then heat up untill it glows let it cool and its ready
I'm not so much tight Ron but dont like to be ripped off by an item that cost them a fraction of a penny and sell for ££££££...good tip tho if ever the need arises.. 🙂

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Hi

got the other three valve stems replaced today (see last weeks grumpy thread).
mechanic notices the EML and 'check anti pollution system' message on dash, he hooked it up to their scanner
& ran for codes. He told me the only error it threw up were temporary codes relating to the TPMS being activated and an old intermittent earthing fault on 'an engine sensor' , anyhow he cleared it all and the EML is now off.

Best bit - only charged for the valve stems and TPMS reset.

Al

9541 - 9560 of 9646 Posts