Independent Renault Forums banner

9581 - 9600 of 9646 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,633 Posts
sent some hrs yesterday trying to find a back door to remove a full frp/ google account (mobile phone ) with out a computer , tried all the normal videos with no luck then found a web page i used before it took some time and thinking but got there in the end , thank god for the internet . phone now powers up free of the pesky passwords and google watching what your doing

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
272 Posts
Irish farmer

This video made my day. I did not catch anything apart from farthy five and sheep between 0:23 to 0:40 . I thought I met some Irish people before but looks like I have not...

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,514 Posts
I am happy but well confused, maybe one of you fine people will be able to unscramble my head. 3 years ago we bought a Next 3 piece suite, the 3 seater settee springs have gone and you fall in a hole when you sit on it, as the settee came with a 10 year guarantee we phoned up and organised an assessor to come and inspect it, which he did and we have a valid claim, this is the bit that confuses me, Due to Covid-19 they cannot send someone to our house to repair the settee, so they are sending a couple of delivery drivers to remove our old settee and deliver us a brand new one ??!?!!??

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,591
I am happy but well confused, maybe one of you fine people will be able to unscramble my head. 3 years ago we bought a Next 3 piece suite, the 3 seater settee springs have gone and you fall in a hole when you sit on it, as the settee came with a 10 year guarantee we phoned up and organised an assessor to come and inspect it, which he did and we have a valid claim, this is the bit that confuses me, Due to Covid-19 they cannot send someone to our house to repair the settee, so they are sending a couple of delivery drivers to remove our old settee and deliver us a brand new one ??!?!!??

fixed.. 😎

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
Due to Covid-19 they cannot send someone to our house to repair the settee, so they are sending a couple of delivery drivers to remove our old settee and deliver us a brand new one ??!?!!??
Partly economics and partly Covid...though the latter is a convenient excuse for much ATM.
The economics are that by the time they have sent a skilled repairman (or two) and they do the job, it is not much more expensive to send a new one.
Smile and enjoy your new sofa, the things cost enough not to have them break.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Yep, I had a brand new kitchen dining set from Ikea which had screw holes which didn't line up - they said throw it out and sent a new set.

I have replacement windows going in soon, and the company are working flat out to keep up with demand, so as mentioned before, I think Covid is a convenient excuse for Next to take the easy way out.....

·
8,514 Posts
Bloody hell, just had an email and the new settee will be delivered on monday (including disposal of the old one) woo hoo

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,020 Posts
Surely there is the odd old turret bearing or three lying around. Make a swivel sofa until Monday

·
8,514 Posts
My two Seater is fine, the wifes 3 seater is the one thats knackered, she can have the chair until monday 😂

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,020 Posts
Surely there is the odd old turret bearing or three lying around. Make a swivel sofa until Monday
My two Seater is fine, the wifes 3 seater is the one thats knackered, she can have the chair until monday 😂
Be careful how you phrase that one. There is more than one interpretation of take the chair :)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,826 Posts
Let's see.
'Er three seater is FUBAR
You have a two seater.
And you tink she will end up with a chair?

9581 - 9600 of 9646 Posts