Independent Renault Forums banner

9641 - 9660 of 9717 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,113 Posts
Me too Dave cos at the mo I'm not up to fitting it.. just getting all the bits together and waiting for the day the original is no longer serviceable..
Just installed the new, dent free replacement dishwasher and it’s washed a load of dishes quickly and quietly with no leaks. Just settling down to catch up on the MotoGP races I missed, to be told “it’s brown bin week Dave, don’t you think it’s a good idea to get the grass cut?”.
Bloody knackered as it is...

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,642
We have never had a dish washer.. I am the dishwasher.. profound statement.. :D

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,113 Posts
Me too, that’s the irony of the dishwasher saga.
Oh well, time to do battle with the grass. Could do with a tractor mower...

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Watching a Heavy equipment fails and crash compilation on YouTube. I do like these.

Me: "That's Tucked. That's Tucked. That's Tucked. That's Tucked. That's Tucked. That's Tucked. ....."

My favourite, a line of tractors all chained together trying to tow a lorry out of mud, tractor at the back snaps in half. :LOL:

Also, the ones of fork lifts trying to pick-up or get down things that are obviously far too big and heavy, idiot operator believes they can do several lot in one go, best one is where the hydraulic hoses explode and it still overbalances and tips over forwards with a reduced load (after some of it fell off) :D

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,016 Posts
....don't you think it’s a good idea to get the grass cut?”.
I will have that on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday morning.
How can I predict this...cos I have a slot booked at the tip on Wednesday afternoon.
FFS, I have a trailer and 3 large bags full of hedge trimmings (we took about 3 foot off the height and it's a big hedge) with more still to pack and she will worry that the lawn ought to be cut!

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,646
Kitchen monobloc tap arrived.. I had a bargain..(y) 😁

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,016 Posts
Out on the motorbike this morning and met rush hour on the Crow Road over the Campsie Hills - a flock of sheep being moved along the road. Country life!! 🆒
On the other hand, popped up to Tesco for click and collect...
Traffic jam on Chester Road so turn right into Church Lane, left into Boldemere, across to Sutton Park, left onto Monmouth, all the way back to Chester Road and approached Tesco from the other direction.
Put about 3 miles on the journey, saved half an hour looking at the rear end of the car in front and moving a car's length every five minutes.
City Life.
Prefer yours Ajc.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,122 Posts
Upgraded Ubuntu to 20.04 from 18.04 using the GUI route. All went fine. Was half expecting glitches but no, Only niggle is that new packages are SNAP by default and will be a bit space hungrier than the debian alternative which is still there so just have to watch which buttons are pushed.

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,660
Bathrooms are expensive to fit.. I do my own after astronomical quotes from local cowboys.. always found that plumbers and heating engineers are some of the sloppiest and most unreliable in the building trade.. on Thursday we had a heating engineer out to service our 1 year old boiler.. was here for 20 mins and £60 for the privilege.. didnt even wear a mask so I told the wife get one on quickly when I heard his hacking cough.. wife text him and asked did you clean out the magnetic filter for the boiler and of course he passed the buck.. more concerned now what the asrse has maybe passed on covid to my wife after said we have all had a test because we have not been feeling to well..do we believe him I certainly dont..so another cowboy crossed off my ever dwindling list of so called tradesmen looking for a fast buck..

Rant over.. 👿

9641 - 9660 of 9717 Posts