Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,046 Posts
I rest my case for the Bodgers!👍👍👍

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,662
I rest my case for the Bodgers!👍👍👍
Far cheaper the D.I.Y bodge that the so called professional bodge.. he couldnt even identify the thread size on a copper tap tail.. Oh the thats the big one he said..total farce..its 12mm by the way after finding my calliper gauge..

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,046 Posts
Oh that's the one a wee bit smaller than 1/2" Innit !🤏

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,664
Oh that's the one a wee bit smaller than 1/2" Innit !🤏
Came with the tap I recently won on ebay.. might consider fitting flexi braided tails tho when the time comes to do the job..

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Good day at Knockhill Race Track today, at a 'guest only' meeting, no spectators allowed yet here - a couple of the entrants in the Classic and Sports Car class made me giggle..... not the TR7's, they looked great, considering they killed off the Triumph TR line, it was the A40 and A35 bringing up the rear. The A35 ended up on its roof in the last race.... an expensive day's racing for someone!!

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,666
Brilliant..BTCC tomorrow so dont forget..

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Clio passed its MOT, but, had a brake lamp bulb out! Honest guv I did check 'em – admittedly was back in the summer – and it's hardly been used – I still think it went toes up on the trip there. Also, advisories on amber blinker bulbs going faded (???), both rear tyres are getting low and a perishing boot for a front ball joint. Well it is 10 years old.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,219 Posts
Mine passed a few weeks ago,
Not revealing the advisories
Lets just say they went to two pages

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,669
Mine passed a few weeks ago,
Not revealing the advisories
Lets just say they went to two pages
They say doctors make the worst patients and it would now seem that mechanics run the worst cars....can we have the list Stu for further titter value.. 😄 ;)

·
42,219 Posts
Nope.
Lets just say, the car will not get them done.
It will be scrapped first ..

·
Super mod..
28,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,672
LOL

best MOT comment I've ever had was about 25 years ago on old girl
- corrosion to front rail of chassis - cross member missing !
Best comment I heard was from a guy in the steel works on nights who was on the hunt for some free material in our welding shop..he had an old girl as well and was collecting steel to build a staircase at his home..used to somehow strap it to the chassis rail he said to get it past security in the morning.. but didnt count on a guard being behind him in the morning driving out of the works with steel angle sticking out the rear.. following night said guard said to him that his car was well built and had a chassis like a tank,, guess we know why now.. lol .. Mike the guy in question was always mooching around the workshop on nights and I did god knows how many exhaust box reskins for him..I think he must have been charging his mates and making a killing.. 😄

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Looked at them again just now, blessed if I can see the difference! (No not replaced yet.) However if flashed, I supposed the rear are a teensy weensy bit yellow compared to the front. But have to look really hard. Fussy??? Jeez .. :eek:

·
42,219 Posts
You can buy Amber bulb paint, if you dont want to spend 50p a on a bulb
( Amber paint is only a Fiver LOL )

Reactions: Phil48

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Too much of a faff, it's getting new ones. If he wants to argue about them in the future, he can take it up with the manufacturer ..

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Get the car back tomorrow, forgot to post in the Grumpy thread I was that peed off.

Reactions: Mike H025

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Yup, the plank hadn't put his handbrake on fully. Got my car and the rear of my colleagues Focus too.

Had to put up with a Hyundai I20 auto for the week. To be fair though, the I20 is a 7 speed auto, not a bad little buggy :)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,016 Posts
Finally got some sense from Samsung.... the saga has only been going on since June.
55" smart TV, works fine until you stream something via tinternet...Netflix or similar.
Sooner or later, picture goes all skewed, as though it has gone to 32bit colour instead of umteen million shades.
And then stays that way until I reboot the TV.
So been phoning Samsung customer services since June....religiously followed all their instructions on resetting TV/picture/smart TV, even had them do it via remote control.... only for it to happen again, maybe next day, maybe a month later.
All the time trying to explain to someone in Korea or India or wherever, very polite, very assured and good English but they are working off a script and it doesn't quite compute.
Today I got through to a young lady called Becky, somewhere in the wilds of Yorkshire..... at last, someone who speaks a version of English that makes sense, that I can have a joke with, that understands me.
And I got a service engineer scheduled to visit.

9661 - 9680 of 9717 Posts